1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Cocked wah pedals??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Funky54, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Funky54

Funky54 Member

So any clone or boutique cocked wah pedals out there? My understanding is that the Q-zone is not buffered and on top of that, its not true bypass. I thought maybe I'd get one of the two out of it. So looking for other choices???

2. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk

I really dig my Wilson Parked Wah. True-bypass, too. Sounds VERY good IMO. You can use an expression pedal like a normal wah with it as well. Well-built and very reasonably priced. I've had it for a couple of years without issue.

http://www.wilsoneffects.com/ParkedWah.html

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Why not buy a BYOC kit and drop it into a box with a knob instead of a footpedal? Or find a junked wah pedal and pull the guts? You can easily add true bypass with a TPDT switch or add in a simple buffer like Jack Orman's.

4. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

I have a Q-Zone, and it is hard-wire bypass unfortunately. Sounds pretty good though. I looked at boutique alternatives, but they were much more expensive than a used Q-Zone. I got the Kerry King version, which was real cheap. However, I prefer actually parking my regular wah most of the time.

I remember seeing a parked wah made by Keeley, can't think of what it was called though. I'm sure you could have many builders do a custom job quite easily.

5. FLYING V 83

FLYING V 83 Pedal Trading Guru Silver Supporting Member

Buy/build a single true bypass looper and put your existing wah through it.

Cocked wah sound from a real wah anytime you want it.

6. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

I used to do this, but found I use my wah for more things than that, and it's hard to get set right live. The Q Filter in the M9 works perfectly for me.

7. Sol

Sol Member

Burford Electronics make the 'Electrogrid Suzz' or they did. Its a kind of fuzz with an inductor you can switch in and out, it gives a great cocked wah sound and can also cop some great Brian May lead tones.

One of my secret weapons, or was but too good to keep a secret, Ive been using it on and off for 6 or 7 yrs now.
    They are a UK company BTW and make all kinds of interesting effects, most are fuzz based, well worth checking their stuff out

8. taco-man

taco-man Supporting Member

Jekeko Wah
    MaxxPlay Fixed Wah
    Keeley Nova Wah