Cocked wah pedals??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Funky54, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Funky54

Funky54 Member

So any clone or boutique cocked wah pedals out there? My understanding is that the Q-zone is not buffered and on top of that, its not true bypass. I thought maybe I'd get one of the two out of it. So looking for other choices???

2. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk

I really dig my Wilson Parked Wah. True-bypass, too. Sounds VERY good IMO. You can use an expression pedal like a normal wah with it as well. Well-built and very reasonably priced. I've had it for a couple of years without issue.

http://www.wilsoneffects.com/ParkedWah.html

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Why not buy a BYOC kit and drop it into a box with a knob instead of a footpedal? Or find a junked wah pedal and pull the guts? You can easily add true bypass with a TPDT switch or add in a simple buffer like Jack Orman's.

4. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

I have a Q-Zone, and it is hard-wire bypass unfortunately. Sounds pretty good though. I looked at boutique alternatives, but they were much more expensive than a used Q-Zone. I got the Kerry King version, which was real cheap. However, I prefer actually parking my regular wah most of the time.

I remember seeing a parked wah made by Keeley, can't think of what it was called though. I'm sure you could have many builders do a custom job quite easily.

5. FLYING V 83

FLYING V 83 Pedal Trading Guru Silver Supporting Member

Buy/build a single true bypass looper and put your existing wah through it.

Cocked wah sound from a real wah anytime you want it.

6. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

I used to do this, but found I use my wah for more things than that, and it's hard to get set right live. The Q Filter in the M9 works perfectly for me.

7. Sol

Sol Member

Burford Electronics make the 'Electrogrid Suzz' or they did. Its a kind of fuzz with an inductor you can switch in and out, it gives a great cocked wah sound and can also cop some great Brian May lead tones.

One of my secret weapons, or was but too good to keep a secret, Ive been using it on and off for 6 or 7 yrs now.
    They are a UK company BTW and make all kinds of interesting effects, most are fuzz based, well worth checking their stuff out

8. taco-man

taco-man Supporting Member

Jekeko Wah
    MaxxPlay Fixed Wah
    Keeley Nova Wah