Coiled cables

skern

Hello. You know how with a straight cable, it'll always want to twist a certain way, depending on how it was last rolled up, or maybe because of how it's being held by the strap, or how it was plugged into the input, etc. etc. etc.? My question is, does a coiled cable NOT do this? (I know it has stretchy lengthwise tension, but I'm talking about rotational tension.)

Tootone

Coiled cables definitely do this.

Good luck untwisting them.

All that said... they are fantastic in so many ways. Stage... I use nothing else in my guitar.

skern

Coiled cables definitely do this.

Good luck untwisting them.

All that said... they are fantastic in so many ways. Stage... I use nothing else in my guitar.
Damn. Are there cables that don't have so much tension? Or is this just unavoidable when you have long strands of copper?

The-Kid

Pedal Art: Providence Dealer
Vendor
Damn. Are there cables that don't have so much tension? Or is this just unavoidable when you have long strands of copper?
Try one with Spyral design. MXR Pro Series Cables are like this. Super supple and wont tangle and have hardly any memory. They sound good too and dont cost too much as well.

Not the only reason to get a cable as its all down to what you prefer tonally but they are pretty nice in that regard when it comes to the suppleness and memory or lack of it and sound pretty nice.

Last edited:

Trending Topics