Collective Soul Pedalboard Pics

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DualRectifier, Jan 29, 2008.

1. DualRectifier

DualRectifier Silver Supporting Member

I posted a while back that I had been to a private party where Collective Soul played here in Atlanta. I mentioned that I had some gear pics, and recently got a pm request to post those.

So, it's a little late, but here they are. I saw another thread with CS gear pics a few months ago showing rack effects and whatnot, so to avoid redundancy these are mostly just pedalboard pics:

Dean's board:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ed's board (note songlist):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

General pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy pic quality. It was a little point and shoot camera, and I had been consuming numerous frosty golden beverages.

2. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Say what you will about these guys, every song does sound pretty much the same, but I've always dug them. Gel is a monster riff!

3. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

No Tremoverb on stage wow - everytime I've seen them play live there were Stacks and Stacks of tremoverbs.

4. DualRectifier

DualRectifier Silver Supporting Member

This was a small private party, in a closed bar. I am not sure the gear was the same they use in other gigs. It was a long set, with every song of theirs I could name. Dean played his silver PRS thru a Budda with a white Marshall cab, and Joel played his MJ Mirage thru a Marshall white a white Marshall cab. Ed mostly played a Taylor T5. There were other Taylor acoustics sprinkled throughout.

As for all their songs sounding the same, that's news to me. They have a distinctive sound, but there is plenty of variety in their songs. I'm not hugely in love with their newest album, but a couple songs grow on me. And for what it's worth, personally these guys are a class act.

5. K.E.P.

K.E.P. Member

6. Flying Panda

Flying Panda Member

I know these guys are professional, touring musicians, but if my board ever got that dirty, I'd just freak. Hmmm....maybe that's why I like the OCD so much...:D

7. Mercury25

Mercury25 Member

Thanks for the post!

Any shots of Joel's board?