• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Collings 290 DC ?

Brian

Hi guys anybody own a Collings 290 DC ? and can you speak up for this instrument , I,m having a very hard time finding a left handed Gibson Les Paul Jr so this is next in line,thanks for any posts.

zztomato

I have a 290 (not a DC) and I can happily say it's an exceptional guitar. I really don't think you could go wrong. Great fun to play.

madbob

Silver Supporting Member
I own a 290 and recently played a DC at a Collings dealer in Austin (Hill Country Guitars). They make great guitars that are the most consistent I have played. The necks are perfect to me and the attention to detail is incredible. I visited the factory in Austin recently and the they pick all of the wood for each electric guitar individually prior to production to make sure the final product is up to their standards. Also, they put the strap knob in the right place on the DC models. One of the few guitars I would buy without playing first.

My only slight complaint is I think the Lollar P-90's aren't as aggressive as I prefer, but not enough to change them out.

jetydosa

Gold Supporting Member
I have a DC 290S (single high wind Lollar) and it's a freggin fantastic guitar. I had a Gibson VOS Jr too and the Collings is in another league build-wise.

paulvcarter

Yup I had a yellow one, fantastic guitar the build quality is as fine as you can find, stunning. I didn't like P90's otherwise I would still own it.

abaroid

Platinum Supporting Member
Not a DC, but my 290 is probably the most perfectly built guitar I own. Would recommend them highly

Brian

Oh my God I,ve lost my mind and my money,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hay just kidding but I just had to have one,$1999
used same color as above just one dog ear P-90 could not find a LH Gibson Les Paul Jr in the price I wanted to spend in over
two years of looking,this should end the search,umm for now.

SouthpawGuy

Oh my God I,ve lost my mind and my money,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hay just kidding but I just had to have one,$1999
used same color as above just one dog ear P-90 could not find a LH Gibson Les Paul Jr in the price I wanted to spend in over
two years of looking,this should end the search,umm for now.

:rolleyes:

Trending Topics