Sold Collings 290 DCS Mint AAAAA Grain 2,695.00

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by tonemeister20, Apr 30, 2016.

1. tonemeister20

tonemeister20 Member

ON HOLD PENDING PAYMENT/ Payment received/ guitar SOLD. If you ever wanted a Double Cut P90 guitar this is the one that got away. Absolutely superior in every aspect, weight, balance, tone, quality of workmanship, perfect size neck, Lollar Pickup and stunning to look at. You owe it to yourself to try a Collings if you are looking for this type of guitar.

So why did I sell it if it is so good? Fair question. I let my GAS get out of hand between NAMM and this place! More stuff than I need or can use which is proven by the fact that I never played this guitar. There are not enough gigs or time for me to play 70 guitars especially since I have some favorites so I have been selling a few off them off for the last three years to a manageable 25. This is the last of two that I never played and I am holding on to the other for awhile since it is Brazilian. All the rest have been played and gigged. This one should have been worn out except for my admiration of John Lennon and to be able to play a guitar that is a duplicate of his is just too enticing. Plus I have a Bill Asher Marc Ford Model that smokes which served as my alternate P90 guitar. My third option is a stock Elliott Peter Stroud which Andy converts the jazz master style pickups to P 90s

To keep overindulgence from happening again I have to sell one to buy one so now that the Collings has found a new home I am headed over to James Trussart's as soon as I can find the time to pick up a resonator guitar.

So why write this now? Because my TGP friends consider a Collings if you are looking for a P90 guitar or any of their other models. Highly recommended.

2,695 including shipping and obviously you can you regular PP to protect yourself.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    GTRMAV likes this.
  2. Bogner

Bogner Member

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!

tonemeister20 likes this.
  3. Lemuel

Lemuel Supporting Member

4. Bob Pollock

Bob Pollock Supporting Member

I didn't need to see this!

5. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

If you decide you need a strat for a trade, let me know! I have a Grosh HSS ash Retro Classic or a '64 Fender CS 40th anniversary.

6. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

7. tonemeister20

tonemeister20 Member