• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Collings 290 w/humbuckers...owners please share thoughts.

mcuguitar

Gold Supporting Member
I really like the looks of the Collings 290 with the Lollar humbuckers. Unfortunately, I live in an area that has no Collings' dealers that carry their electrics. Who out there owns one of these babys, and how does it sound and play? How does it compare to a quality LP, like a LP Historic?

Csgband

I own one and I love it. The sound is more like an SG or Flying V because of the lack of maple cap. The build quality it top notch. Great weight and body shape. To me it plays like a vintage guitar.
Jump on in, the water is fine.
Chris

Telecaster

I own one and I love it. The sound is more like an SG or Flying V because of the lack of maple cap.
That's very interesting. I love the sound of an SG but I don't like the shape. Are those special orders or are they regular models nowadays ?

Trending Topics