Sold Collings D2HG German Spruce Varnish - 2008

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by mgrier1, Apr 12, 2016.

1. mgrier1

mgrier1 Silver Supporting Member

Collings D2HG German Spruce Varnish

• D2H-G with German spruce top
    • Brazilian RW peg head veneer and the very popular
    • Optional 1 and 3/4″ nut width
    • 2 3/16” Bridge Spacing
    • Dalmation (CW Style) pickgaurd
    • Varnish Finish

This lightly used D2HG Varnish (2008 Build) remains in excellent overall condition, exhibiting very little visible playwear. As this is Varnish finish, there are a couple of minute marks/impressions in the finish, but they are few and small – very difficult to photograph, though I have done a couple of photos with the pick pointing them out.. Overall, given this is a Varnish finish, this is a very clean guitar!

The sound is huge and open, as you’d expect from a quality Dreadnaught with the ultimate in clarity, warmth and power capable from a Collings guitar. Gorgeous, finely grained European Spruce top! The varnish finish just serves to bring a more nuanced tonal palette - truly a sophisticated, complex Dread, tonally speaking.

Includes Martin Hardshell Case, which is what was provided to me when I purchased this used from Carter’s Guitars in Nashville, TN. The case has wear and a bit of tear, but is structurally integral. If buyer wants, I can run up to Carter’s and pick up a new Calton D-type case for them (just add @ $1K to purchase – I’ll charge actual value of the case purchase).

$4999 Shipped/Paypal Included within CONUSA - Trade value higher

Trades:
    - Boutique Amps and/or pedals - (Metropoulos, Suhr SL68, Dr. Z, Need a Klon Centaur, D*A*M, Hudson Electronics, etc)
    - Fender Custom Shop P or J Basses (Pino Palladino Sig, anyone?)
    - Electric Guitars (Collings,Gibson Historic, Red Rocket, Gretsch Custom Shop, etc)
    - Try me on anything, just don't need acoustics right now.

Pix (There are some glare in some of the shots I took because of sunlight reflection - they are not marks on the guitar):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More Pix Here:

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/mgrier1/library/Collings/Collings D2H German Varnish

Best,

Mike

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  2. mgrier1

mgrier1 Silver Supporting Member

Deal Closed on 4/20/16

Thanks to all who inquired!

My Best,

Mike