Collins Eastside LC opinions, anybody?

Rezin

I'm in the grip of what could turn out to be an expensive GAS attack. Anybody have any opinions of the Collings Eastside LC?

The bear

I love them, I own two. The Eastside lc(blonde, X-braced, lollar humbucker , NR. 51 ever made) I have had since 2012 and used on numerous gigs. The sunbusrt smaller Eastside jazz, I have only had for a month but had another Eastside Jazz a while back as a loaner for some recordings. Let me know if you have any questions about the Eastisdes. I have also played many others.

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
I have the deluxe version of the Eastside LC. Its probably my favorite hollow body that I've ever owned. I was originally looking for the sound of an ES175, built with Collings quality. Its not quite that though. The Eastside has a more acoustic quality to it, and is more refined in its sound. When I first got it, I still had my Gibson 175 and was able to compare them back to back. While I loved the sound of the Gibson, the Collings just blew it away in craftsmanship and playability. Its just a lighter built, more ergonomic guitar that just has the greatest neck of all time for me. I now prefer the sound of the Collings over a 175. The Eastside can get the dark and woody tone that a 175 in known for, but can just be a more resonant sounding guitar. I can't recommend these highly enough! Here is my video review of this guitar:

b_goatman

Gold Supporting Member
I have the deluxe version of the Eastside LC. Its probably my favorite hollow body that I've ever owned. I was originally looking for the sound of an ES175, built with Collings quality. Its not quite that though. The Eastside has a more acoustic quality to it, and is more refined in its sound. When I first got it, I still had my Gibson 175 and was able to compare them back to back. While I loved the sound of the Gibson, the Collings just blew it away in craftsmanship and playability. Its just a lighter built, more ergonomic guitar that just has the greatest neck of all time for me. I now prefer the sound of the Collings over a 175. The Eastside can get the dark and woody tone that a 175 in known for, but can just be a more resonant sounding guitar. I can't recommend these highly enough! Here is my video review of this guitar:

+1 on this! I have the LC Deluxe, as well, and a 175. What I also love about the Eastside is that it can be used for acoustic songs - it's very versatile.

I love Collings!!

b_goatman

Trending Topics

Top Bottom