Neumann.Chien

tungsten vs moc sand satin
which one you like?
I like both but only can pay $$$ by one
s-l1600.jpg

prs_john_mayer_silver_sky_moc__1607758537_ecfea100.jpg

LikeAMotherF

Silver Supporting Member
moc sand seem to be easier to match with different colors of clothing?
That's possible the worst reason to ever choose a finish or color on a guitar.

Will it look cool on stage?

Will it look cool on your lap when you play at home?

Will it look cool when it's hung on the wall or some kind of rack?

Actually, the only thing that really matters is this-

Every time you open up the case and see the guitar you have, and you say "f*** yeah. That's the one." Then you know you've picked the right color.

Don't worry about matching your socks to your baseball cap or whatever.

drod1985

Every time you open up the case and see the guitar you have, and you say "f*** yeah. That's the one." Then you know you've picked the right color.

OP asked a question about aesthetic. An answer rooted in aesthetic makes complete sense.

If the two guitars play and sound equal then the preferred aesthetic is the deciding factor here. And I agree with @Neumann.Chien, Moc Sand is the way to go.

Gms

Silver Supporting Member
Flip a coin. Then immediately buy the one the coin tells you to buy. If you hesitate, then buy the other one, because that means it’s the one you really like better.

metrokosmiko

community astrologer
Silver Supporting Member
Honestly what's the point of getting a SILVER Sky in any other color than Silver?

actually this was a criteria in choosing black for my strat
(also because that specific black one was the best sounding)
((also I really dig black))

Json

Silver Supporting Member
I like both colors but between these two in particular, I’d probably go with moc sand just because it has a better looking rosewood fretboard.

Last edited:

LikeAMotherF

Silver Supporting Member
OP asked a question about aesthetic. An answer rooted in aesthetic makes complete sense.

If the two guitars play and sound equal then the preferred aesthetic is the deciding factor here. And I agree with @Neumann.Chien, Moc Sand is the way to go.
Yeah, I think my post didn't read as clearly as I intended.

What I was saying is that matching with clothes is a poor criteria, in my opinion. When I was asking how it looked on stage, in your lap, on the wall, etc etc, I was suggesting those were more pertinent considerations. In my opinion, of course.

Clothes and fashion are fleeting and subject to change. But a badass looking guitar will always look badass.

So I was just saying to pick whichever one really calls out to the OP. Not which one would best complement his fitted New Era or whatever.

I'm all about the aesthetics. I won't buy a guitar that I think looks ugly or too plain.

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
Well, if I could play both, I'd pick the one that my hands & ears liked best. Dead even to the hands & ears or can't play both, I'd pick mocha, and I did with mine. But I felt it needed something so I replaced the pickguard with a moto one.

Now I'm considering a Silver Sky with a maple neck and like the green so far with that neck!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom