Colors.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by stratter, May 7, 2015.

1. stratter

stratter Member

I love colors. I'm torn on what color to get my new Warmoth Strat in yet. I've already ordered an angled strat neck, solid rosewood, abalone inlays, pearl binding. I'm still really wondering, because I think I've found a 10 top flame maple option, and a 10 top quilt maple option, so I'm wondering what kind of burst or dye you guys think I should put with it. Oh also, it'll be rear routed. Please post for gold or chrome hardware too. I'd prefer for it to match somewhat.

Thanks!

2. Bogner

Bogner Member

All natural with Chrome hardware or Ghost white see through with black or chrome hardware.

3. stratter

stratter Member

So a nice quilt maple with a white and transparent dye, so the pattern would look pretty cool.

4. o0Ampy0o

o0Ampy0o Member

Something that doesn't cover that beautiful wood like this maybe. Note how the dark edge is still transparent:

(TGP member XKNIGHT's Burl Maple top Fibenare Roadmaster)

[​IMG]

5. Deed_Poll

Deed_Poll Member

6. burner

burner Member

I almost never see a white option or example....trans olympic or whatever.
    I'd like it though.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  7. snow and steel

snow and steel Supporting Member

Be different, be rare.... trans green. Almost NO one does it.

8. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

Teles I normally like in the old traditional colors or pastels etc. But damn, that is so sexy!

9. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Member

For my next build I'm seriously thinking about doing a Plasti-Dip with one of the chameleon color packs from DipYourCar. Of course, that wouldn't be something you would want to do with a flame top but with a solid alder or the like it might look pretty neat.

Scroll to just past 5:00 mark to see the color.

Scroll to just past 4:00 mark to see the color.

10. Guitarworks

Guitarworks Member

I built a custom lapsteel for a friend using color-shifting paint. Looked cool!

11. snouter

snouter Member

I have seen "dipped" cars in real life and it looks like primer, nothing like real paint buffed. Being like a giant sticker, it probably acts as a damper preventing the tone woods from doing their job. Warmoth does awesome paint finishes so you probably won't go wrong with any choice, but a nice balance between showing the wood grain and colors that pop are the transparent neon colors.

12. straycat113

straycat113 Member

Okay you are looking for a Trans finish on a heavily figured body (my favorite finish) on a Strat (one of my all time favorite guitars! The only problem is I don't own a Strat with a Trans finish and if it was an Alder body I would personally go with 'Fiesta Red' or 'Seafoam Green' which are two of my favorites especially with a RW board. Now you have to think who does wicked Trans finishes and if it were me I would look at something off the cuff on a PRS- EBMM and Suhr who all do brilliant Trans finishes. I would look at the Suhr gallery first because he makes an "S" style guitar and you would probably get the best idea of how your guitar will look.

13. orourke

orourke Member

Did someone say trans green? I bought this PRS recently. Never thought I'd love a green guitar with figured wood, but it's pretty cool.

[​IMG]