Colorsound reissue Overdriver & Power Booster: Anyone playing them?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DanHorse, Feb 17, 2012.

1. DanHorse

DanHorse Member

Really thinking of getting one of these, the Macaris site says the PB breaks up a little later than the OD, so maybe the OD is the more usable?

Apart from the value of the volume pot being different they are the same, but the PB is 30 quid more expensive..:huh

2. Zacharia Matilda

Zacharia Matilda Member

I have the reissue Overdriver...I have had it for a few years and am very impressed with it. When I first started playing it I was confused because the "drive" control only started dishing out dirt at the end of the knob's sweep (only the last 10% or so). It took me awhile to figure out that the master volume control that's on the side of the pedal likes to be cranked. It can really decimate a tube amp (in a good way).

Works as clean boost, overdrive or fuzz. It's also a good "always on" pedal,a s well.

The seperate bass and treble controls are very useable too.

Can you tell I really like this pedal? :bonk

I have never played the PB. I used to have a yellow tonebender reissue and sold it. I don't think I will ever get rid of my Overdriver.