• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Coltrane "Africa" CD Solo

boblazz

Silver Supporting Member
dug it chuck! keep posting . i always love to hear where you take a tune.

cdaloia

dug it chuck! keep posting . i always love to hear where you take a tune.

Thanks BB! Like I said, it was one of winging it grooves...I guess they all are!

How's the Rattlecaster? Been playing the shop (Red) Rattlecaster over the last couple of weeks w/ a Ruckus neck. Both that and the Ruckus are really breaking in and sounding phenomenal.

Ruckus II still needs more playing time but w/ the HB and 18 wt Brit style amp it's like being a teenager w/ that screaming tone! ROK...ha!!

Chuck

Last edited:

Baminated

phenomenal ! i hope i can play like that one day - love the motives ! i usually get bored with one key vamps, but ont even close on this one - lots of rich superimpositions & cool free rhythmic stuff on this

kirk95

Jazz Lines You Can Use in the Blues
Killing lines Chuck! Gonna have to break some of that down! Awesome!

cpike

Can't stop listening to that one -- literally -- gonna be late for work! Great, great stuff.

cdaloia

Wow! Phrasing...phrasing, phrasing...tone...tone...

Thanks GK, we had a good time on that gig. Phrasing and tone are 2 things that are really important to all of us I'm betting...appreciated

Can't stop listening to that one -- literally -- gonna be late for work! Great, great stuff.

Thank you CP, tell work that you had a flat..

Chuck, I've said it before but your tone is just the best there is. Was this your Tele? Regardless, your harmonic concept, flowing thoughts/lines and execution is just fantastic. Always look forward to your posts!

Appreciate the support and good word JP. This was the Rocco RUCKUS which is based off of my 66 tele (and hand made like all of Tim's guitars) into a Brown Note C-Rex D'Lite. Delay and verb in the efx loop.

Killing lines Chuck! Gonna have to break some of that down! Awesome!

Thanks Dave!

phenomenal ! i hope i can play like that one day - love the motives ! i usually get bored with one key vamps, but ont even close on this one - lots of rich superimpositions & cool free rhythmic stuff on this

One chord groves can be a bore but it's all in the approach right? (and the rhythm section) Sometimes it's harder than playing on changes since you really have to develop your ideas..thanks for listening!

Chuck

BluesMate

Hey Chuck, amazing performance, sound, feel, and at the end, I heard crowd much enjoyed your playing!

cdaloia

Hey Chuck....WOW ma manz!! Goin' OFF!!! Loved it!!
Thanks Carl, we had a good time!
Love it!! Its all there!!!!!
Appreciated Steven
Killer playing, and man those lines and so amazing! Wow!
Les! Miss you brother, glad you dug that.
Beautiful playing!
Jostein, you're kind...thanks
Hey Chuck, amazing performance, sound, feel, and at the end, I heard crowd much enjoyed your playing!
Appreciates BM, we did have a great crowd for that gig.

Thanks to all for listening,

Chuck

kirk95

Jazz Lines You Can Use in the Blues
Is that the Augmented scale I hear at the beginning - B, C, D#, E. Just before you go into those 2 really cool Diminished pentatonic-like lines?

Chuck your clips are the best lessons - so many creative ideas - executed so perfectly - with great feel and dynamics. I'm up to those first 2 diminished licks and then that killer chromatic line. That's what I got so far.

If you listen to my Funkmented track, I open with quoting your 2 diminished lines (right at the 12 second mark). :) Except I am using over a Bb7 vamp while you used it over an E-7 vamp. https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/funkmeneted.1607202/

Last edited:

cdaloia

Nice Chuck!

Thanks for listening Buddy!

Chuck

Is that the Augmented scale I hear at the beginning - B, C, D#, E. Just before you go into those 2 really cool Diminished pentatonic-like lines?

Chuck your clips are the best lessons - so many creative ideas - executed so perfectly - with great feel and dynamics. I'm up to those first 2 diminished licks and then that killer chromatic line. That's what I got so far.

If you listen to my Funkmented track, I open with quoting your 2 diminished lines (right at the 12 second mark). :) Except I am using over a Bb7 vamp while you used it over an E-7 vamp. https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/funkmeneted.1607202/

Hey Dave thanks man and yes, some sym aug stuff in there.
I hear you, those lines fit into that track really well.
So many ways to use both the aug and dim ideas.

Chuck

Trending Topics

Top Bottom