• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Combining a V30 and a Greenback?

riffmeister

I like the combination........the GB fills in some of the "missing" mids of the V30 to give a nice full, robust sound.

dangeroso

Silver Supporting Member
I like to keep the wattage pretty close when I mismatch speakers. The V30 and Greenback is a 60W and a 25W. That makes the rating of a 212 cab with both only 50W (10W less than the V30 by itself.)

freaksho

the V30 is WAY more efficient than the GB. i'd think the GB would get lost. there are other speakers that probably complement V30 spectrum better, like the G12H for example.

and yeah, like he said you have to watch the ratings when you mix in low watt speakers. even the G12H will only give you a 60W 212 cabinet.

though if you're really into the GB idea, there are higher watt and higher efficiency GB inspired speakers by makers like Scumback or WGS (to name a couple). likewise for G12H and really all the classics by Celestion, Jensen , etc.

balde

i tried that combo on a framus ruby riot. I don´t know if it was the amp, but for a 2x12 i was missing some serious low end.

dangeroso

Silver Supporting Member
Right now I'm pairing a V30 and a Scumback H75 which sounds really good with my Bad Cat.

balde

That´s a wise combination the h75 is sort of a g12h30. v30 and g12h30 make a great combo!

Trending Topics