Combo Amp Covers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Fifthstone, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

Any recommendations on suppliers for amp covers, specificially for a 2 x 12 combo, but would also be interested in general in custom makers. I already know about Mojotone.

2. mtndog

mtndog Gold Supporting Member

3. johnrea_77

johnrea_77 Silver Supporting Member

I'm in the market for a 1X12 cover as well.

The recommendation I hear a lot is : http://www.tukicovers.com/

4. Mayflower

Mayflower Supporting Member

Maybe you missed this thread right below.
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=128392
    Tuki covers are the **** for the money!
    Follow my guidelines for installation on the 4 way bottom flap.
    You won't regret it. Took out the Trem Cat tonight to a friends band rehearsal to let them hear the amp and see my Tuki bottom flap mod.
    Needless to say they were inpressed with the permantly mounted flap as well as the tone of the amp.
    Used a Keeley Comp and an original 82 Tube Screamer with the drive controlr set at 7-9 o'clock (almost off)as a boost for solos and extra grind slamming the front end.
    Incredible!!!! The power switch was set at 1/2 and we used used the EF86 setting with the 5 way switch with the cut control.
    The 12AX7 channel is the more traditional Vox Top Boost sounds with a little less gain and scooped mids.
    This Tuki was less than 100-
    I have a few other amps I plan on doing the same thing with the flap!
    Buy one now, Gary is the man!

5. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

6. bigroy

bigroy Member

+1

I've been buying my covers from Larry for years. They are well made, heavily padded if ordered that way and *always* fit. Never a problem, and you deal with the man himself. Head covers, speaker covers, you name it, he makes it. He even made a heavy duty cover for my son's Ampeg SVT 8x10 cab. Top notch all the way.

7. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

Thanks everyone. I've looked at the Tuki's and they seem pretty pricey. Once I get above $100 for an amp cover I have to start wondering if an ATA case would make more sense (I see they would be about $300 or so).

Mntdog, thanks for the link to the awesome thread. I'll check out each one.

Rocket and Bigroy, thanks for the LeCover recommendation as well.

So many choices!

8. Madgansound

Madgansound Member

I purchased a half-dozen various combo amp covers from Susan at www.studioslips.com last year. Every one of them fits perfect and looks great. I also found them to be more inexepensive than a lot of the other people producuing them right now. Just my 2 cents, for whats it's worth:)

9. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

10. jimmyj

jimmyj Member

I also highly recommend the padded LeCover products. Excellent covers and less money than the Tuki.

I've also gotten the LeCover un-padded cover and thought it was only so-so, though.

11. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

I like those studio slips.

12. Brion

Brion Supporting Member

Tuki is now offering vinyl covers similar to the old Fender covers. It's a cool look and probably what I'd get. Padded covers are great, but a bit bulky and don't fold up nice to stow a way while you're playing. I prefer the non padded for this reason.

13. MoRawk

MoRawk Member

Oooh...those Clamshell Padded Covers from StudioSlips look nifty. I like the fully enclosed covers/bags. Earlier I read a thread where someone used the rubber feet to secure the bottom of the Tuki covers to the amp. Looking at the Tuki website, all I saw where top covers with no bottoms. They don't make bottoms anymore?