1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Combo amp... need help!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Matt_Scogo, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Matt_Scogo

Matt_Scogo Senior Member

Ok.. I got a non-vintage Traynor 80 Custom. I was thinking of upgrading to a 1/2 stack, for more volume and well... just to have a 1/2 stack. I am now considering an A/B amp set-up, but have never done this. Any suggestions for amp combos? I'm looking for a "boutique" amp, not a Guitar Center special.. no more than $1400. Can this be done in that price range? I pose the question to you...

2. hasserl

hasserl Member

I suppose it depends on what type of amp you want. There's a lot of directions to go. Give a little more details of what you want and I'm sure someone will give you some ideas.

3. empty71

empty71 Member

4. Matt_Scogo

Matt_Scogo Senior Member

I definately want a tube amp with a powerful clean sound. You know that clarity you get from a Fender stack? Something like that. LOL... then buy a Fender stack... but I want a non-commercial amp. something unique. I considered a Roland jazz amp, but it is solidstate. Other than that, I dunno. I mix my tone with pedals from a clean channel.

5. Srini

Srini Guest

If you considered a Roland JC, but were put off by its being solid state, why not a Fender Twin? You don't get that great Roland chorus, but you definitely get a ton of clean, tube headroom. - not to mention that great Fender reverb.

Srini

6. empty71

empty71 Member

The Reverend Kingsnake amps meet your needs IMHO:) At the U.S. setting, the amp stays clean at stage volume. It's a phenomenal amp for the $$$.

7. ungarn

ungarn Member

Check out Dr Z amps...

Your best bet is to play LOTS of amps since you know what you want tone wise...you might be surprised what sounds good to your ears!

Good luck!

-Thad

8. Matt_Scogo

Matt_Scogo Senior Member

The Reverend looks cool, as I'm trying find a more unique amp.... but I like multiple speakers. My Traynor is 2x12. I would like to match that or maybe 4x10, like a Bassman reissue? Any hooks on a 4x10 combo, not mainstream?

9. Fxrs

Fxrs Member

I was at the Reverend site today and it says they're all done with and sold out of amps. They're not making many USA guitars anymore either, starting an import line.

10. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Dude. I just scored a Brand New Heritage Patriot at CB Perkins for $1495. It CAN NOT be beat.

http://www.cbperkins.com/show.html

http://www.heritageamplifiers.com/patriot.html

Just passing on the Love............:dude :cool:

11. empty71

empty71 Member

Follow this link to their "instock/reduced" inventory. They have a couple of amps and USA Advanced guitars available.

http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/instock_specials.html

12. g-nem

g-nem Member

Sh*t, I wish I had the money right now- I've been thinking a kingsnake head is perfect for my 2nd amp needs, and I know they're going to be hard to find. This would be a perfect example of the 'stupid things you've done to buy gear' thread, except I've already done too many stupid things and don't have the leeway right now for any more!