• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Combo Cab for Dual Showman Chassis?

jzilla

i'm looking to put a blackface dual showman (non-reverb) into a 1X12 combo cab. can anyone tell me the dimensions the cab would need to be?

many thanks!
-j

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
so you want a fender twin with just 1 12" in it and no reverb? why?

jzilla

it seems to be a pretty cost effective way for me to go. i have a blackface showman head which i adore but i'd like a more compact option for smaller gigs and sessions. a blackface twin is way too expensive as well as not being much more compact than the head with cab setup.

meastman

Try JD Newell cabinets. He'll make you whatever you want. Reasonable prices. I'm doing the same thing as you with a '66 Fender Showman head, but with a 15" JBL D130F speaker. Give him the dimensions of your chassis. Addy is:

http://www.newellamps.com/

Mark E

kludge

The droid you're looking for
Rick Johnson cabs can also help you out. He built a new head cabinet for my '68 Silverface (same dimensions) and did a beautiful job.

A while back, I played an older silverface Dual Showman in a combo cab with (I think) a JBL. It was SCARY how good it sounded.

Trending Topics