• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Combo + extension cab : Let's see them!

pattste

For those of you who use a combo amplifier with an extension cabinet, please post pictures!

Also, I'd be curious to know what the added benefit of having an extension cab has been for you. Louder? Fuller sound? etc.

(I don't think we've had a thread like this before, or maybe I didn't use the right key words in my search...)

Here's my Juke 1210 with extension cab. The amp has one 12" and two 10" Jensen speakers. The extension cab has a 15" jensen speaker - I removed the white weber that's in the photo. With both cabs going, I get a bigger, fuller sound. On stage, I put the extension by my bassist so he can hear the guitar on his side of the stage. I point each cab in a different direction for coverage at shows where the amp is not mic'd. I'd rather not carry two cabs to shows but it just sounds so good. :)

trumpus

Silver Supporting Member
How can I do this!? I would love to run another 2X10 with my SF Vibrolux Reverb for a Super kind of vibe.

The back of the VR has got 2 jacks - one that is marked "speaker" and the other "extension speaker" It also says total load 4 ohms. It has 2 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel (i think) and plugged in to the "speaker" jack.

Is it as simple as running another cab (via a cable from the "ext speaker" jack, such that both jacks are in use simultaneously)? If so, what would the impedence of the cab need to be?

Brian

Ben R

How can I do this!? I would love to run another 2X10 with my SF Vibrolux Reverb for a Super kind of vibe.

The back of the VR has got 2 jacks - one that is marked "speaker" and the other "extension speaker" It also says total load 4 ohms. It has 2 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel (i think) and plugged in to the "speaker" jack.

Is it as simple as running another cab (via a cable from the "ext speaker" jack, such that both jacks are in use simultaneously)? If so, what would the impedence of the cab need to be?

Brian
That stuff always confuses me. I'm actually asking a sort of similar thing today. I asked it here...

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/380748

Trending Topics