Combo or Modeler?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Bikedude, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Bikedude

Bikedude Gold Supporting Member

I'll be traveling to FL. to cover a weekend gig the first of March. I'm driving down and taking my own equipment. What would you guys do as far as amp or modeler. This band's regular player uses a modeler direct to PA with active floor monitors. Everything is in the monitor mix. Talked to the leader and he is used to this going direct deal. I have a Digitech RP500, but I really like the sound of my Tone King Metro. Band leader basically is ok with whatever way I want to go. What say TGP'rs given the choice? Modler, or Great Combo amp. BTW, I'll prolly use the RP500 on the effects side into the amp if I lug it down to FL.

2. Rockyrollercat

Rockyrollercat Member

Just use what you usually use at a gig, who cares what the other guy did.

3. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I'd use my regular rig unless it was a really spectacular opportunity.

4. Bikedude

Bikedude Gold Supporting Member

Im leaning on using my TK Combo. This band's guitar plyr has gone the direct route for the last 3 or 4 years, as they like the stage volume very low, and pretty massive out front. I like a tube amp. I've tried going direct, and it's not for me. My Metro sounds pretty good at low volume, so that's what I'll do, unless there are any unforseen probs that crop up, as I always have the RP500 and a Crate PB as a back-up.