Come clean. Who has TWEAKITIS?

The 1st part of recovery is admitting you have a problem. I have Tweakitis!

From day to day, things sound good. Then the next day they sound different. Maybe a tweak here, a little more of this there... It's pure madness, and I can't stop.

DON'T LIE! Admit you have it. :YinYang

eksfiles

Hey man. I used to be. Now I own two amps. Neither have more then 3 knobs. One has volume, tone and gain, while the other has volume and tone.

I still tweak the SOB's.

Its in the blood.....

rob2001

The first part of curing a disease is admitting you have one! I'm Rob and i'm a recovering tweekaholic. I still have the urge to tweek but I fight it and it gets easier every day. It's a beautiful thing to set up a few good tones and just rock out without thinking you have to turn a knob. I'm proof that there is light at the end of the tunnel. :AOK

candh

What are you all talking about...I don't have a problem...I am perfectly fine and can quit whenever I want. Really! I am A...O...K.:BOUNCE

Matt F

I think there is a need for a support group for tweakitis. I could set the amp (after 4-5 min of knob twisting of course) and love the tone...

Warm up the amp the next night and start to play and hate what I am hearing and back to square one.. I hate when I get into that rut. It is a sick form of OCD.

God help us all... ;)

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
My worst rig-

Multi- pup guitar w/pre-amp>wah>pedal board + mult-fx pedalunit>rack pre-amp mfx unit>computer recording with plug-ins for everything!

I KNOW a good tone is in there, somewhere, 'cause I heard it for a few seconds before I tweaked it and it was gone.

MartinC

When I play through my tube amp, I hardly tweak at all ... the volume/gain knobs get the most wear and tear.

When I first bought my PODxt, I would sometimes sit down to practice with it and spend an hour and a half tweaking. I managed to rehabilitate myself and now I only use 2-3 of the amp models and 2 or three of the effects that are in there as presets ... don't touch the eqs at all.

Hacksaw

Time Warped
Platinum Supporting Member
HI, My name is Rik, And I am a Tweakaholic. Great to meet you all,

Thou shall Amptweak freely!

candh

My worst rig-

Multi- pup guitar w/pre-amp>wah>pedal board + mult-fx pedalunit>rack pre-amp mfx unit>computer recording with plug-ins for everything!

I KNOW a good tone is in there, somewhere, 'cause I heard it for a few seconds before I tweaked it and it was gone.
You're just a hypochodriac....you don't even have a toob amp in that chain..:Spank

HeeHaw

LOL! This thread is cracking me up!

The guy that builds my amps usually voices them to where they sound really good with most of the eq's and presence contolls near or at 12 o'clock. His ear hears similar things to mine I guess. Either way, I never touch my amp other than the volume knob.

.....but when it comes to pedals I tweak the living fool out of them. Especially the swirly type pedals. I have to force myself to not keep stooping over and tweaking my pedals live. :D

DICKIE C

I have tweakitis so bad that sometimes I just have to shut down and walk away for a day or so. It can really be frustrating! :BITCH

uberpict

Not to an extreme but, yeah, I love to tweak knobs. ;) I'm finally getting each guitar's range dialed in on my amps and pedals but when you have over 30 knobs to tweak it's easy to get tweakitis. Here a tweak, there a tweak, everywhere a tweak, tweak. :D Change the input gain, oops too much loop gain, oops up on the master some, oh crap down on the attenuator, great now the second amp is too loud.... :crazy

John Coloccia

Cold Supporting Member
I don't just tweak knobs. I tweak everything. I can't go two minutes at anything without trying to make it better. I have it until control, though...

I think...

Trending Topics