• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Come on then. Big Box DMM vs XO

Staticbuster

This thread has been done a ton of times here, and it ends in the same way every time. Some folk say the xo is too clean, others love it. Pick your poison I suppose.

As for me, I'll skip the hype and take the DMB. Nice and dirty, like an analog delay should be.

lv

Silver Supporting Member
triviani said:
Why?

Analogmike said there is NO DIFFERENCE. No more than between same style units.
this. also like to point out am said this while he was still selling both.

ruger9

Even if it was proven with a spectrascope (or whatever piece of tone-measuring equipment) that they were identical, you'd still have people saying they weren't. Mike's opinion is good enough for me. If I wanted a DMM, I would not hesitate in the slightest to get the XO.

they sound the same.

some people do like the spacious layout, and large knobs of the big box, which can be useful if you're gonna twisting knobs a lot

lux_interior

I haven't compared them myself. However, an opinion is exactly this: an opinion. An expert's opinion is rightfully considered to carry more weight, but that doesn't make it a law. Personally, I am inclined to believe that individual differences between one big-box DMM and another, and also between one XO DMM and another (due to component tolerances, calibration or anything else) make the answer to the thread's question quite difficult.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom