Comfortably Numb 2nd solo clip:

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by jhall, Dec 23, 2009.

1. jhall

jhall Member

This is an attampt to get better audio into my vids than the cheapie-cam mic I have so I taped this with Reaper running then got rid of the Cam audio and synced this up to it. Does it seem to work well?
    I used a TonePort UX2 for this as there's virtually no setup time to do that. Soon I'll do a few clips with real amps and stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/v/76oX3gcjGrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/76oX3gcjGrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

2. 100JH

100JH Member

Seems to work fine, nice job on the guitar playing - sounds good to me, you kinda loose it a bit iin the end, but in a good way...what whammy are you using to pull up on the arm? Or did you route the rear out? Does you trem float? I need to research this more for a jeff beck like strat I will be building soon.

3. huskerjohn

huskerjohn Member

:bow I liked it! Great job on the whammy!

4. bantoto

bantoto Member

Amazing playing!

5. jhall

jhall Member

Actually it is a bone stock MIM trem (it's one of the newer ones post 2006 with the medium jumbo frets but I did replace the bridge pup with a Duncan Hot Rails). I keep the plate about high enough to do a full step up-bend. Thing stays in tune way better than either of my other Strats too!!
    Other Strats being a 50th anniv ltd edition American series Strat (that one has the more modern trem and is reasonably good too) and a Fender Showmaster bubinga again with the modern two point trem.
    Of the three I prefer the MIM for treming and the Showmaster for excellet rock tone and versatility. But I find myself constntly using that MIM over a rather large collection of more spendy guitars for some reason.