• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Coming from a Maxon AD-900, would I like a Nemesis delay?

exodus

After years of goofing with various delay units, my Maxon AD-900 always seems to find its way back on my board. I mostly do slapback, but the "soundscape" thing happens at times. So now I'm watching videos of the Source Audio Nemesis delay. (Actually, also looking at the reverb to). Anyone do a Maxon/Nemesis shootout?

zztomato

I had one and it was good but I just prefer the sound of my AD900. My delay needs are very simple though. I'm sure having both on a pedalboard would be nice.

johnetone

The Mercury 7 Reverb sounds really great with my AD900 and MF104’s. You might get more mileage out of a cool sounding Reverb.

That new Alexander one sounds pretty dope too. But I’m too stoked on the Mercury 7 to really gas about Reverb anymore. It’s that good.

delay dude

The Nemesis has kicked many of my other delays off my (small)board. It sounds great and is so versatile.

I have a Maxon AD-9 Pro on Reverb right now. Virtually brand new (bought two for my board but only ended up using one in the end due to space limitations). Best analog delay I ever bought.

Blix

Norwegian
Silver Supporting Member
Personally I wouldn't trade my Nemesis for any analog delay ever made, but that's my preference.
Sounds like you could enjoy both! :)

deeohgee

Pair the AD-900 with a Red Panda Context (especially Plate mode), it truly embiggens the AD-900.

mdc1

Nemisys and Timeline sound very "digital", not too warm. If you are looking for warm analog go maxon. Personally I settled for something in between. Neunaber Reverberator (echo-verb setting) and a Maxon for the old vibe. Problem I have with many delays are the controls on the level of wet, when you are not using a mixer on wet and dry. My personal taste is echo mildly behind and not too wet and not washing out the played notes. Sort of like avoiding and playing with too much distortion.

Trending Topics