• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Comp/Limiter after your modeller?

eugewong

Curious if anyone is running a dedicated comp/limiter after your modeller?
Both for live and studio work.

I'm running an AxeFX Ultra, and I'm thinking that perhaps putting the entire signal through a very gentle comp/limiter, before hitting the mains/tape might yield some positive results.

Comments/ideas?
Would be interesting if there was a 1U tube comp/limiter that was somewhat road worthy as well.

Lele

Recording: compressors everywhere (or almost) and after the amp modeler are normal for me
Live: the compressor after the amp models (and never anyway after the time based effects like delay and reverb!) doesn't work for me, because it seems to me I cannot cut anymore in the band mix, even if I like the effect when playing alone

Trending Topics