Compare PRS stoptail bridge with Gibson tune-o-matic & tailpiece

Zillie

I used to have Les Paul and now I'd like to get PRS Singlecut and the bridge seems to be the most different thing between them... is there any difference in sound, feel or set-ability? What do you prefer and what do you think is better solution?

thanks in advance

Bankston

Are you looking at a Singlecut with a wraparound bridge or a separate tailpiece and bridge?

There are no individual saddles to adjust on a PRS wraparound bridge, but I've never had an intonation issue on my Singlecut.

A Singlecut is going to play and sound different from an LP Standard, but it's more than just the bridge that contributes to the difference. If you like to do pick rakes behind the bridge of an LP, you're going to be SOL on the wraparound bridge.

I don't prefer one over the other. Both are great guitars.

Zillie

i'm thinking Singlecut 245-it has a wraparound bridge... i think that only singlecut with separate tailpiece and bridge is Starla Stoptail

radiohead

i found the prs wrap stoptail to be much better with intonation if you use 9 or 10 gauge strings. i've switched back and forth between the two gauges and have never had to adjust the intonation within the 2 years i've had my mccarty. with the gibson tuneomatic.. i had a harder time setting up with my les paul studio.

jeffwith1f

PRS wrap around works just fine.
I think you'll find several larger differences between a single cut and a Les Paul.

I have lots of experience with Gibsons, and recently dipped my toe into the PRS world. the PRS is stuning, and clearly well built, but I don't like the stock pickups. Less Omph than Gibson pickups (all sorts of them) at least that's what it feels like to me. This is not to say hat it's "wrong" or "bad" on the PRS. in fact, I suspect the PRS has more dynamic responce, I've just really got my playing style dialed into the the Gibson thing after 18 years of playing them predominently.

Trending Topics