• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

comparing a vintage Superchamp..

84superchamp

uneasy rider
Gold Supporting Member
..to classic Fender amps of the 50's & 60's. what does it come closest to, tone & performance-wise? i'm not real familiar with fender vintage and have always wondered about this..if i want to go with a bigger fender that does the superchamp thing, what would i go for?

Peteyvee

Premium Platinum Member
1.) It doesn't. It's its own thing. I usually mic (SM57) it if I need more volume. I also had a speaker out put where the "record out" was so I can use anything that's 8 Ohms, but I have to disconnect the internal 10". Otherwise, it sees 4 Ohms, which would be a bad thing because of the way I crank it. The speaker out is totally reversible, of course...

2.) One of the other Rivera Fenders of that era (IIRC, Princeton II and Concert II) or a newer Rivera. I'm not up on his stuff, so I'll leave the specifics to others.

FWIW: I have an '84. I've owned it since 1987 and it will never be for sale while I'm alive.

Last edited:

84superchamp

uneasy rider
Gold Supporting Member
thanks petey. mine's an '84 also and currently in a 12" cab with a jensen neo. spectacular cleans.

Trending Topics