Comparison between Mojo Drive and Chupacabra?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by geetarboy, Jun 17, 2008.

1. geetarboy

geetarboy Member

Anyone running both the Lovekraft pedals, Mojo Drive and Chupacabra? I got a Chupacabra a week or so ago and really like it and was thinking of trying the Mojo out, but I'm afraid there might be too much overlap in tones. Are they distinct enough to run both on the same board? From the description of the Mojo, I'm hoping it might fill my need for both TS and Marshall type tones (getting them from an Eternity and BB right now).

2. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I think they are definitely versatile enough to get both. The Mojo is a hotrodded TS and the Chupa is a hotrodded Rat so basically they are as different as a TS and a Rat!

3. ford

ford Supporting Member

I'm using both and there is plenty of difference.... two great pedals.

rock

bford

4. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

The Chup is fatter, thicker, and has a lot more gain on tap - it will definitely get you into distortion territory - the Mojo is a mid-to-high gain OD. If you really worked it you could probably get them to cover some of the same territory, but they really are very different pedals.

5. ethan walker

ethan walker Supporting Member

All true! They're based on 2 totally different circuits and I don't feel there's a ton of overlap.

Ethan

Lovekraft Effects