1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

Comparison of how post production changes tone

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by scottl, Jan 5, 2008.

1. journo

journo Member

Hi Scott,

Great playing as always. If I weren't so darn lazy I would set aside a few days and cop all your tasty licks.

Regarding the recordings I really like the first one the best. While I'm all for post production tricks and treats I'm not much for phasing of any kind.

Cheers,

Mats N

2. fig

fig Member

Hey Scott -

After listening to all the versions, I like the first one. To me, it seems to sit in the mix the best. Next would be version "C."

3. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

I like the newest mix! Very cool and a big sound.

Chuck

4. scottl

scottl Member

5. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Me like ...........

me like C slightly more.....

Overal I still prefer 1st clip the most - but all these differing phase shifts are real cool info to have ;)

6. fig

fig Member

Yeah, I agree, Woody . . :)

7. JohnM

JohnM Member

First off, Scott - nice clip! Good tone definitely starts with good hands.

In my experience, one of the (if not the most) important pieces of gear is the mic pre.
    If you want Brent's tone, (aside from being Brent) you need a good deluxe reverb, a tele, and a killer mic pre like a Neve or whatever your wallet can afford, and a couple of good mics.
    Speaking of mics, one of the best combos I've used in the studio is an Audix i5 and a Royer R122 ribbon, both on the same speaker. But you have to have a good mic pre to REALLY get the primo tones.
    Just my 2cents!

8. vhollund

vhollund Member

Very Nice ,
    You just proved that M3s are allowed in minor blues :)

I liked the first "raw" dry version best even though the bass and drums are better mixed on the 2.

9. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Sorry for the derail Scott- but man- just visited your site John- What a player!! wicked playing fella.

Not seen you here before, but if your new - welcome the board!

10. Marcello

Marcello Member

Sweet stuff man !

me thinks too much reverb is no good..just my taste. I liked the #1 and #3.

11. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

For your style Scott I prefer the first clip. From what I,ve heard your sound is so dam good and such a strong part of you.(Why mess with it !!!) For me I find the delay level of the other clips a bit to high. I think those kind of delay settings sound better on long sustaind string bending stuff etc. (as in a more overdriven sound) .............But who the hell am I to talk about this I,ve only just stopped using cassttes !!! :AOK

12. marinblues

marinblues Member

Scott,

I liked you delayed sounds too. ;)

M.