Compensated Tele Barrel Saddles

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by JMintzer, Oct 25, 2004.

1. JMintzer

JMintzer Burned Out Mod

Where's the best place to buy a set? I had them on my '52 RI (Now on it's way to North Carolina) and I want to put them on an incoming Nocaster Relic. I can't remember where I got them last time. Maybe it was Phil Jacoby??? But I want to do it myself this time.

Allparts? Vintique?

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

2. mainsale

mainsale Member

I've bought them from Joe Barden and Callaham guitars. The Joe Bardens were nicer than the Callaham's but Joe is out of business at the moment. Don't get me wrong, the Callahams are nice too. Stu-Mac also has them in thier catalog, but I've not tried those. I guess I'm recommending Callaham, unless Joe Barden gets back into the business.

3. JMintzer

JMintzer Burned Out Mod

I ordered them from Callaham today. I called first to make sure they had them in stock (they did) and I expect them soon. Thaks!

Jamie

4. Chiba

Chiba Gold Supporting Member

You won't be disappointed with Callaham's barrels. I have a set on my "Custom" Tele Conversion and really like them.

--chiba

5. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

Jamie,

Is this for your Cunnetto Nocaster? I have #0390 Vince/Fender.

Perfect Tele.

6. JMintzer

JMintzer Burned Out Mod

Yup, #0518! I received the saddles on Friday (pretty quick, considering the horror show on the Callaham thread... :eek: ), and I wanted to install them this weekend, but I got sidetracked, finally setting up my jam space and cleaning out half of the garage...

They look like a quality product! I really like how each saddle has the corresponding string stamped into the bottom. The -only- problem with them is that they're too damn shiney to put on a relic Tele!

Jamie

7. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

They'll tarnish really quickly - at least the german brass saddles do. I'm on my third pair. I have Callaham's control plate on mine. Great taper & the height of the knobs are sweet. Lots of replaced parts on mine - but the key parts, like the body & neck, ain't going' no place!

8. Riscchip

Riscchip Member