Compensated Tele saddles?

joejazzguitar

Silver Supporting Member
Anybody have any recommendations for a set of compensated bridge saddles that would fit a new Roadworn Tele?

joe

Joe Bardens.

However I do tap mine out to 6-32 and replace all the hardware. Glendales should fit right on there real easy. Callahams are cheaper and jewel like but are meant IMO for guitars that set up medium to medium low - Road Worns set up pretty high usually.

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on the Joe Barden's - best bridge for the money IMO.

Chiba

Platinum Supporting Member
I recommend Callaham, but having said that, I haven't tried the new Bardens.

--chiba

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
Barden has a new three saddle ashtray to retrofit the AM Standard - sweet!!!

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Silver Supporting Member
I've found complete satisfaction with Callaham or Glendale. These guys are fantastic! Both use different methods; Callaham spaces between the saddles / Glendale saddles touch. Both are a huge upgrade from stock old style Fenders. I am not crazy about the tall screws that Barden uses, although the above pic looks nice. Maybe they had to be ground down?

joejazzguitar

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, guys...appreciate all the good info...the Callaham saddles look like a good upgrade, and they're a LOT cheaper than the Glendale saddles....think that I'll go with those..

joe

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Silver Supporting Member
hey joe...good choice. Callaham takes phone orders with CC and are very quick shippers. I have their newest compensated brass saddles on my tele and it really was a quick install and very easy to intonate.

zombiwoof

Silver Supporting Member
I like the RS compensated saddles I put on my Tele, they're reasonably priced, especially if you wait for one of their sales. They have them in brass, steel, and aluminum.

Al

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
Barden has a new three saddle ashtray to retrofit the AM Standard - sweet!!!
unless something has changed within the past week or so, that bridge is still vaporware. allparts has had a catalog listing for it for a while now, but it has never been produced.

Don A

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Glendale Twang set (aluminum E/A) on my guitar because they were free (I won them, along with a fancy bridge on anther forum). I used Fender slotted intonation screws that I already had. I didn't like the Glendale screws at all.

Before that I was perfectly happy with Fender non-intonated saddles. I've also had Callaham and StewMac intonated saddles on the guitar with great results.

Last edited:
unless something has changed within the past week or so, that bridge is still vaporware. allparts has had a catalog listing for it for a while now, but it has never been produced.
I've seen pictures at TDPRI, Walter, posted by a guy named Yegbert.

That was before Allparts added this funny new bridge to their catalog.

But, I really don't see the point of this new elongated Barden plate. And the D and B strings come desperately close to the height screws on those two outboard barrels. The existing 2 bottom outboard screw holes on your American Standard body are already enlarged to accomodate # 8 hardware, but the new plate appears to envision # 6 hardware. I guess you gotta use 1.25 minimum length fasteners in those spots.

In short, it does exist but it is a mess.

bgl

Don't know how they compare to the more expensive stuff, but Stew-Mac has 'em for $14.55.

mainsale

I've tried Callaham, Glendale and PigTail. I think they all were excellent. You are on a win-win track!

. Callaham takes phone orders with CC

I didn't know that - I can say they did not at one time. I started off faxing in the order with the CC information and I guess I came to like this means.

Callaham were even faster to me until Fed Ex rationalized their service to Bill's part of Virginia and the parcel has to go to Maryland before it can come south to me. Shame on you, Fed Ex!

Trending Topics