Complaint about InCase gig bag

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by phoenix 7, Mar 13, 2008.

1. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Silver Supporting Member

OK, this is a great gig bag in many ways. I've got a dub bag for 2 axes, and it has obviated many trips to my car. Bought it maybe 2 years ago. However, the friggin' zipper pulls will not stay on -- they started coming off within about 2 weeks. (And no, this isn't "user error" or anything. I've been using zippers since I was about 3, and the pulls have rarely fallen off.) When the InCase pulls fall off, it is very hard to pull the zipper closed. Yesterday, I put an Evidence Audio Lyric HG cable (like $70-$80)in an outside compartment. I pulled the zipper closed as far as I could, which wasn't all the way, because the friggin' pull was missing. I thought it was closed enough to hold the cable securely. But I get home and my cable is gone. Who knows where. Nice.

Hey, InCase, nice gig bag, but how about using zipper pulls that don't FALL OFF! :FM:BITCH:bkw

Yeah, I know, I should call InCase customer service and ask for some extra zipper pulls. I'll do that. My point is that I shouldn't have to.

2. frisco

frisco Supporting Member

Doesn't look as nice, but a zip tie has solved that problem for me in the past. At least they are available in various colors.

3. dumeril7

dumeril7 Member

Go down to REI and buy a bag of 4 zipper pulls for less than $2. Or if you don't have an REI close by, order 'em from their web site. Or use a set of heavy boot laces (fold in half, shove the loop side thru a hole on the zipper, lace the ends through the loop, and pull snug)

D7

4. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Silver Supporting Member

Thanks for the zipper pull tips, guys -- I'll do that. :AOK

And I found my nice cable -- turns out I didn't even pack it in the gig bag. Early dementia, I guess....

But still, the InCase zipper pulls should stay on!

5. mrhappy

mrhappy Member

I'll bet the zipper pulls are still on there too!:):)

Nice zip tie tip... I can put that one to use!