• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Complete Impulse Buy! Ever done that?

Jiffy_Jeff

Playin Tunes and Having Fun!
Gold Supporting Member
Man, I usually never pull the trigger impulsively but something came over me.

I have been looking for a chorus pedal for a while. Had the Boss CE-2, ok but not as lush as I thought I wanted.

So I just popped in a search on evilbay and saw an Analogman Chorus pedal with the optional depth switch..

So I pulled the trigger. Saved about 70 bucks off a new one.

Anyone else ever have an impulsive moment and just go for it like that???

I hope this thing kicks ass like I have heard.

Janglin_Jack

O yeah. But with Guitars and Amps. Not bad purchases, just bought stuff I couldn't afford. Then would scramble to pay for.

Jack

I bought my Sunlion and Throbak ODB on impulse buys. I'm glad I did. I've bought several others on impulse but those two surprises came to mind.

It's hard to make an impulse buy at a guitar store... you're going to play it first. But with eBay and the emporium it can be dangerous.

bilbal

All the time but not ever a regret. I impulsively bought a guitar and amp one day. I had no intention of buying anything that day. I walked out with a Dr. Z RxES and a Heritage H535.

ninjaaron

I bought my Sunlion and Throbak ODB on impulse buys. I'm glad I did. I've bought several others on impulse but those two surprises came to mind.

It's hard to make an impulse buy at a guitar store... you're going to play it first. But with eBay and the emporium it can be dangerous.
If your bank account looked like mine, walking into a guitar shop without any particular product in mind, then walking out with a new toy is 100% impulse buy.

StratsRule07

My mom and girlfriend NEVER get off my case about buying things on a whim. I've done it WAY too many times, but in the past year or so I have slowed it down quite a bit. Getting into debt most certainly played a helping hand in getting rid of my constant need to buy something new... and I'm only 20!

Jiffy_Jeff

Playin Tunes and Having Fun!
Gold Supporting Member
Well I can't remember the last time I made an impulse buy........

But I sure hope this one pans out. I was kind of in the market for a chorus pedal, but would never have thought I would pay over 150 for a chorus pedal.

Anyone own one of these?(The analogman Chorus)

Thor

Too frequent to count, but have been fortunate to have ended up with great stuff every time.

sodapopinski

just bought a Zendrive 2 on a whim... and just last week i almost walked out of the guitar center with a new Les Paul, but they were trying to sell me a beat up floor model at regular price... jerks

doralin

I do it all the time...

Have a look at what I've bought last month:

Tonefactor Hellbaby
Tonefactor Pulp Mill
Prescription Electronics GERM
Sweet Sound Monterey & Pi Face fuzzes
Subdecay Echobox Proto Series
Menatone Fish Factory

That's just madness..
I'm trying not to look into the emporium but it's hard..
No matter how busy I am I still manage to find time looking..

I have a Love Hate relationship with GAS.

If your bank account looked like mine, walking into a guitar shop without any particular product in mind, then walking out with a new toy is 100% impulse buy.
Yeah that's true for me too. I'm a lot more likely to press a few buttons and worry about money later than to bust out my check card or cash at the guitar store though.

It's also pretty unlikely that you'll be able to try most of the hyped up, pedals of the week at a local store. I try to sell something I'm not using before taking something new in that I'm not very familiar with. ... and my bank account is nothing to be proud of. .... and my credit at the moment is pretty..."whack"

I'm way too impulsive sometimes. I bought an AC15 and a Headrush yesterday after deciding that morning that I wanted an amp while my main one was in the shop.

Snail

Hmm... what counts as an impulse buy?

If I think it over and give it some deep thought for 10 seconds and decide that I really need/want it, does that still count? ;)

Oh, by the way, I really doubt you won't dig the AM chorus... Best chorus ever, IMHO. I did an impulse sell on an AM bi-chorus... twice!! Kinda regretting it (again).

ecm1117

Yeah, I've done it. I usually do a lot of research before buying anything, but I recently saw a Screddy Screwdriver in the emporium and just had to try it. I hadn't even thought of getting one until I saw the listing . . . well, it all turned out okay. The Screwdriver fits my needs quite well so far!

By the way, jmbstudios, when you get your Analogman Chorus, can you post about how it compares to the Boss CE-2? I'm curious to hear about it.

hurleysurf

Bought a TC Chorus+ the other day completely on impulse for a pretty good deal... Glad I did. I'm loving it so far!