• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Compliment for Timmy?

B-Nads

Fairfield Barbershop into a Timmy is still my favorite combo. My Phantom into the Timmy is good, but the Barbershop beats it.

Don P.

Silver Supporting Member
If you are thinking about a HBOD ($222) I would suggest that you check out Lumpy's Tone Shop Jelly Roll ($140) first. It is based on a Supro amp just like the HBOD. I love my so much that I had Tommy build me a duel Jelly Roll one with the higher gain option.

GuitarToma

Platinum Supporting Member
GRRRRRR!!!!

I read this thread yesterday and had dreams of searching for a Honey Bee.

Thanks guys.

crxshdxmmy

LGW if you play live, HBOD if you play @ home.

But for real -- everything goes great with the Timmy. Fuzz, drive -- anything. From the Fetto to the Model H to the SHOD to the Lunar Module... it's all awesome.

southtone

I've been stuck on Timmy->SHOD. That's been my sound for a couple of years now. I can't find any combo of pedals I like better.

gls500

Silver Supporting Member
I've been using a Zendrive & Timmy for about 6 years straight now. They're the only two pedals that haven't left my board in that time.

Ramblin390

I'm running a mi audio blues pro in fuzz (light fuzz) mode into mu Timmy. Works great for the extra edge.

zastruga

This, and second best would be a klone.
This is what I was going to suggest. Been running a Klone into Timmy as my main drive sound for a couple years now and it works wonderfully. I don't tend to go too high-gain for anything I do though, so your mileage may vary. But I like how I can go from sparkly clean with the Klon(e) to big and gainy with the Timmy/Klon combo and everywhere in between.

As a secondary option, I also love the sound of a Big Muff through the Timmy. Timmy's EQ is great for letting it sit in the mix and still be audible. I've used both a SUF Civil War and a Musket to great success. Creamy and huge!

W
This is what I was going to suggest. Been running a Klone into Timmy as my main drive sound for a couple years now and it works wonderfully. I don't tend to go too high-gain for anything I do though, so your mileage may vary. But I like how I can go from sparkly clean with the Klon(e) to big and gainy with the Timmy/Klon combo and everywhere in between.

As a secondary option, I also love the sound of a Big Muff through the Timmy. Timmy's EQ is great for letting it sit in the mix and still be audible. I've used both a SUF Civil War and a Musket to great success. Creamy and huge!
Yeah, I'm running my KTR into the Timmy and love it! I'm just wanting something that adds flavor and isn't so transparent. I can't tell if I like the Timmy or the Klon first

Trending Topics