Composite guitar break-in?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by ukslinger, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ukslinger

ukslinger Member

In the last couple years I've managed to get a hold of a few unique guitars. One is a Parker Fly and the other is a Flaxwood that I just recieved. I really dig both of them. Both very cool and fit in nicely with my other guitars and musical needs. But given the nature of the materials used do these guitars ever feel broken-in? I've played the Parker a lot the last couple years and it still feels new minus the old strings.

There's just something very nice about a guitar that has been played a ton. Will either of these guitars ever get there? Of the two I'd say the Flaxwood has the best chance.

2. ukslinger

ukslinger Member

No love for non-traditional guitars I guess, ha ha.

3. VigierUSA

VigierUSA Member

Working for a non-traditional company (in some respects), I'm fans of both of those guitars... I assume over time they'll feel broken in. I don't think 'broken-in' necessarily has to refer to the degradation of the materials used - like a maple neck that has physically changed after decades of play. I think it'll have more to do with how they feel to you personally and/or how they respond to your touch. Different, but not better or worse than playing an old beater.

Just my $.02!

Personally, I'm a fan of Flaxwoods and always have had an appreciation for Parkers, though I haven't played them extensively...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  4. ukslinger

ukslinger Member

They're both great guitars. I think the Flaxwood will shape a little over time. Much more of a chance IMHO of getting that glove-like feel that my Strat has. Nick at Rocketfire gets his guitars to feel that way right off the bat. Very cool.

Not sure if the Parker will ever soften over time but I really like playing it. So maybe it will be more of me adjusting to the Fly than the other way around.