Compressor a bit brighter than Analogman.

ianblond

I've just sold Bicomp one of the best sounding pedals i owned.Unfortunatelly , with new amp Bicomp was to dark and a bit too rubbery however it's sonic footprint is fantastic for single coils.I tested Xotic Sp today but it's miles away from Analogman's sound .Cold , thin , digital.Which compressor has good, fat , organic sound being a bit more transparent than Analogman ? Wampler ? Empress ? they are available for me now.Advice please.

Last edited:

flantrax

Gold Supporting Member
The Diamond is simple, great sounding comp and has a tone control...the Bearfoot PGC could fit the bill as well

Scuttlebutt

Silver Supporting Member
It really depends on what kind of compression you're going for. Name some songs or artists as reference. Boss CS-3 has a tone knob :)

Scuttlebutt

Silver Supporting Member
Well the bicomp has a ross clone and an orange squeezer clone, which side did you like?

ianblond

I think about Ross style compressor with rather fast release and controllable attack time with good analog sound.Total transparency isn't desirable and is even impossible with analog comprossor and it's good thing .I hear from some samples that Empress ( not Ross style) has good sound however it's not possible for me to confirm without any test.

Scuttlebutt

Silver Supporting Member
I think Origin is too studio/hi-fi for what you're describing, but it can certainly be bright. A tube compressor might be right for you. For Ross style I have heard very good things about the Homebrew CPR but I don't know how bright or dark it is.

lowinchi

loving hartman's pedals including the compressor. fantastic quality, less noisy than either side of the bi-comp. selling for as low as $90, a great bargain.

Stratobuc

RAF Mirage is the best I've used. VFE White Horse is also great. Both are brighter than a "Ross" style, like the Keeley.

100JH

Check out Effectrode or Gurus, both available in EU. Top of the line IMO. A bit pricey

Trending Topics