• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Compressor for cleans?

Hey guys!

I'm looking to add a compressor to use over the clean channel of my Mesa Mark IV.

What would you guys recommend for clean use only?

Bypass isn't important, as it will be used with a DMC Ground Control Audio Switcher.

The cheaper the better at the moment....would a MXR Dynacomp suffice? Is the barber tone press worth the upcharge?

Thanks alot!

SFW

I recently picked up an Electro Harmonix Soul Preacher, and have been very impressed with it. They run around $100 for the pedal. I can honestly say that this pedal will not be coming off of my board!

RDM

Save your pennies and spring for the Tone Press. Worth every penny...and after getting a Dynacomp, you'll be kicking yourself you didn't get a TP. Trust me.

HarryJ

I used the Maxon for a long time, very nice device. Quiet, very transparent tone wise. It didn't have the preamp boost I like and on the most subtle setting it was still very much effecting the attack.

I used the Keeley and Analogman BiComp
Much prefer the Analog man ... very nice pedal, Fat tone, Smooth. But similar issues. No extremely subtle settings.

Tone Press is the one that kicked out the former tenants of my main board

Late 70 MXR
Early 80's Ibanez
Analogman Bi Comp
Keeley
Maxon
Various Boss
Carl Martin
RetroSonic

All very good pedals no question. I would go so far as to say that most folks would be happy with any of the above listed pedals. I'm just very picky I guess... Go figure

HJ

joafink2

Silver Supporting Member
tone press all the way... i didnt believe the hype from anything i read or heard, until i tried it... it's simply amazing... get one.

GaryMcT

Platinum Supporting Member
I love Keeley for clean stuff. Not transparent, but in a good way.

Sikor

I had Okko Coca Comp at home for couple of days to test it.
I am not using compressor at all, but this effect sounds so nice,
that for the first time I think want a compressor :)

http://stompbox.de/coca_english.html

If wrote a review in "Okko Tourbox" thread.

Trending Topics