Compressor Love

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by brianf, Dec 23, 2009.

1. brianf

brianf Member

I picked up a T-Rex Squeezer today. I thought that the T-Rex Comp Nova was the cats ass but this thing is amazing. In addition to the Attack, Compresion and Level knobs it also has Release, Threshold and Gain. Working the Threshold and Compression settings is a whole new dimension in compression to me. The release has a strange effect as it can hold the compressed note up to 2 seconds before letting go of it.

If you get a chance to test one, give it a try.

brianf[​IMG]

2. brianf

brianf Member

Any favorite settings for the Squeezer out there? I'm still fumbling around with it.

brianf

3. coelacanth

coelacanth Member

Would you mind telling us a bit more about the Comp-Nova? I can grab one for quite cheap here. Heard it's exactly same as T.C. Electronic Vintage Compressor, just in different boxes? (Afterall, they're both Dannish companies.)

4. brianf

brianf Member

The main thing about the Comp Nova to me was how quiet it is.

The attack range must be more than 1 second for sure. If you set it minimum and just wack a chord you have that instant limiter/compression thing happen. Turn the knob all the other way and smack the chord and you get that swell starting after about 1 second or a second and a half.

The threshold and release are the added features on the Squeezer but if someone said to me that the Comp Nova would be the last comp. I would ever own, I would be happy.

Moog Audio in Toronto had dropped the T Rex line so everything in stock is 50% off. Maybe they have a Nova in stock.

http://www.moogaudio.com/

brianf