Compressors and Les Pauls...Cali 76

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Seegs, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Seegs

Seegs Member

As much as I love my Cali 76 on a strat or tele...it does not work with a Les Paul and to a lesser degree P-90s...

Since I am mostly playing a Les Paul these days I find that I no longer need my Cali on my pedalboard...

I am going to try using it as an insert for vocals...

2. Dicky

Dicky Member

I heard my friends Cali 76 G-P yesterday with a 335 into a Matchless Lightning reverb ... it blew me away for how good it sounded. It was natural sounding, rich and only enhanced the great natural tone of the amp and guitar. I have one on order and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. He literally pulled it out and tried some sample settings from Origin and aside from the size I don't have a single negative comment to make about it. It's a must have in my opinion ... definitely a game changer that set the bar extremely high.

3. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

Love mine with singles (P90s too) and buckers. What is it it about the Cali 76 with your LP that doesn't work for you?

I can't find a single thing to complain about...other than it's size. I'll probably never play without it again. :)