compressors!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by burythemisery, Feb 2, 2008.

1. burythemisery

burythemisery Member

where do you generally put compressors in an effects loop? the beginning or the end. here's the chain i have right now

[send from amp] > snarling dogs blue doo > BOSS EH-2 Enhancer > BOSS PSM-5 (fuzz pedal in the loop) > |E~H Soul Preacher| > E~H Nano Small Stone > E~H Stereo Pulsar > Rocktron Deep Blue Chorus > Keeley True Bypass Looper (XP 1000 in the loop) > CoPilot Android Modulation > Danelectro Hash Browns > BOSS HR-2 Harmonist > Line 6 MM4 > E~H #1 Echo > BOSS DD-3 > BOSS RE-20 > BOSS PS-5 > BOSS RC-2 > BOSS NS-2 > [return to amp]

is my soul preacher in the right place - where should i put it if it's wrong?

thanx :)

2. burner

burner Member

Put it where you think it sounds the best!

I like to run mine first in the chain (after the wah) but I really don't use it with the wah on anyway.
    Traditionally it's been accepted to run the compressor FIRST so that's the way I've always done it. Just to shake things up,I've tried moving it around but I still like the way it sounds with the guitar hitting it first.
    Otherwise, you are compressing the overdrive or fuzz units as well
    YMMV.

3. Nanouque

Nanouque Guest

Mine is here:

Wah - FatBoost - Keeley Compressor -> the other pedals. It worked out best for me to put it there.

4. burythemisery

burythemisery Member

so basically i should put it before my distortions? cause i dont have any wahs

5. burner

burner Member

I would.
    The distortions add compression anyway so I would just compress the guitar.

6. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

If you want a super compressed drive sound then put it after the ODs, otherwise put it before.

7. Dale

Dale Member

I run mine after. But I use pretty dynamic drves.