compressors!

burythemisery

where do you generally put compressors in an effects loop? the beginning or the end. here's the chain i have right now

[send from amp] > snarling dogs blue doo > BOSS EH-2 Enhancer > BOSS PSM-5 (fuzz pedal in the loop) > |E~H Soul Preacher| > E~H Nano Small Stone > E~H Stereo Pulsar > Rocktron Deep Blue Chorus > Keeley True Bypass Looper (XP 1000 in the loop) > CoPilot Android Modulation > Danelectro Hash Browns > BOSS HR-2 Harmonist > Line 6 MM4 > E~H #1 Echo > BOSS DD-3 > BOSS RE-20 > BOSS PS-5 > BOSS RC-2 > BOSS NS-2 > [return to amp]

is my soul preacher in the right place - where should i put it if it's wrong?

thanx :)

burner

Put it where you think it sounds the best!

I like to run mine first in the chain (after the wah) but I really don't use it with the wah on anyway.
Traditionally it's been accepted to run the compressor FIRST so that's the way I've always done it. Just to shake things up,I've tried moving it around but I still like the way it sounds with the guitar hitting it first.
Otherwise, you are compressing the overdrive or fuzz units as well
YMMV.

N

Nanouque

Mine is here:

Wah - FatBoost - Keeley Compressor -> the other pedals. It worked out best for me to put it there.

dividedsky

If you want a super compressed drive sound then put it after the ODs, otherwise put it before.

Trending Topics