compton bridges...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Devin, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Devin

Devin Low Voltage Supporting Member

Anyone know if they are still in buisness? i tried emailing my order twice with no response.

2. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim Member

Things have been backed up for a while. He has started a new (real) job, and things are starting to get back to normal.

3. Devin

bummer. They list two different email address to send orders to and have a bizare/redundant registration/cart system as well. How come the best stuff is always the most difficult to order? I just want to know if i am getting one.

4. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim Member

The business got past from the founder, to the son-in-law, who lives in a different city. They don't answer emails, because they get too many. When I ordered mine, I wasn't sure that I would get it, until it arrived. The father-in-law says that they have a lot in stock. Popular orders shouldn't take long. If they have to make them, there may be a wait.

FWIW, I'm very happy with my Compton Bridge, on a PRS Starla (fixed bridge). Any thing that I loose in intonation, I make up with staying in tune (Bigsby).

5. Devin

sweet, im getting one for my gretsch power jet hopefully! will they send me a bill?

6. vintage saddles

vintage saddles Supporting Member

That inspires confidence.

OP: Have you looked at Tru-Arc bridges? There are two Gretsch forums if I recall, one likes the Compton, one likes the Tru-Arc. Pretty sure you'll get a response as I did.

7. Devin

I guess i just like the look of the compton better... i was thinking of going for tru-arc untill i saw the compton.

8. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim Member

If I remember right, you have to use paypal.

9. Devin

damn well i tried adding the stainless bridge to my cart and they say its "out of stock" so now what? will they be getting them back in? how would i know if nobody answers my email? sigh.... i just want a bridge without this stupid rattling retainer.

10. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim Member

I think that they make, what they get the most requests for. That's a popular bridge, so I would think that they would be making more, soon.

The bad news is, I ordered something that they had in stock, and it still took a month. I'm waiting for them to catch up, before I place another order.