• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

compton bridges...

Devin

Low Voltage
Anyone know if they are still in buisness? i tried emailing my order twice with no response.

Chicago Slim

Things have been backed up for a while. He has started a new (real) job, and things are starting to get back to normal.

Devin

Low Voltage
bummer. They list two different email address to send orders to and have a bizare/redundant registration/cart system as well. How come the best stuff is always the most difficult to order? I just want to know if i am getting one.

Chicago Slim

The business got past from the founder, to the son-in-law, who lives in a different city. They don't answer emails, because they get too many. When I ordered mine, I wasn't sure that I would get it, until it arrived. The father-in-law says that they have a lot in stock. Popular orders shouldn't take long. If they have to make them, there may be a wait.

FWIW, I'm very happy with my Compton Bridge, on a PRS Starla (fixed bridge). Any thing that I loose in intonation, I make up with staying in tune (Bigsby).

Devin

Low Voltage
sweet, im getting one for my gretsch power jet hopefully! will they send me a bill?

They don't answer emails, because they get too many. When I ordered mine, I wasn't sure that I would get it, until it arrived.
That inspires confidence.

OP: Have you looked at Tru-Arc bridges? There are two Gretsch forums if I recall, one likes the Compton, one likes the Tru-Arc. Pretty sure you'll get a response as I did.

Devin

Low Voltage
I guess i just like the look of the compton better... i was thinking of going for tru-arc untill i saw the compton.

Devin

Low Voltage
damn well i tried adding the stainless bridge to my cart and they say its "out of stock" so now what? will they be getting them back in? how would i know if nobody answers my email? sigh.... i just want a bridge without this stupid rattling retainer.

Chicago Slim

I think that they make, what they get the most requests for. That's a popular bridge, so I would think that they would be making more, soon.

The bad news is, I ordered something that they had in stock, and it still took a month. I'm waiting for them to catch up, before I place another order.

Trending Topics