1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Concerning COT 50's..Am I imagining this or,

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mooncusser, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Hi everyone,

Just something I wanted to give some thought to.
    Is it my imagination, or is there an overabundance of the new cot 50's (blue led) up for trade or sale daily?
    Seems like almost on a daily basis there is another (Blue) new Cot 50 up for trade or sale, almost always followed by: played it out of the box for a few minutes, realized that it wasn't what I was looking for.
    While...........the old RED COT 50's are more sparse and less up for trade and for sale?
    Maybe it is just me.
    Love to hear your thoughts...
    Take care,
    Mass

2. fatback

fatback Member

3. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Makes great sence to me to me......................:)

4. MAGICboy

MAGICboy Gold Supporting Member

$150 pricetag is a factor here..
    A lot of people bought them to flip only for a profit..

5. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

My COT 50 is the most lively, dynamic pedal that I have heard in it's range.

I dunno, I don't think some people use these properly. Folks who expect to step on a button and have things done for them, should look elsewhere, I think. It requires the player to be very involved with the nuances that are available. Simple volume and tone knob alterations yeild a tone of great tones. My basic premise is that you cannot drive a Ferrari like a Honda. It does not do this pedal justice imo. M.E.

6. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

that's exactly what I've been thinking. not very nice, IMO. I mean at least hang on to it for a couple of months to give the appearance of decency.

7. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

I have spent the last couple of months studying the COT 50, until I get the funds to purchase one (slow going with three kids).
    My findings are:
    The COT 50 is rated as high as an effect pedal is capable of, they are in very high demand, and the majority of users are beyond satisfied with the product. I believe it is specific to a certain genre of guitar players.
    In my mind, it would be an honor to own one, and the $ concerns are a non issue to me. If a piece of gear appreciates or depreciates, as long as it is an extension of my tonal arm so to speak, you would be hard pressed to get it away from me.
    Best regards, and take care all,
    Mass

8. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

My COT Blue is unbelievabley amazing...

It's replaced these pedals on my pedalboard just to give you an idea of how much i like it:

Zendrive
    HotCake
    Keeley 808
    some other stuff i can't remember...hehe...i was thinking the list was longer...i'm sure it is, i just can't remember...

anyways, no, it's a great pedal...

-j

9. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I just got one, so far I really like it. It adds sparkle but not a harsh treble. It also adds girth in the mids and bass frequencies.

I like it so much I have an Eternity arriving Monday and a Balance on order.

10. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

Gilbert, I would really love to hear your thoughts on the Eternity. I trust your ear big time. M.E.

11. GAT

Will do.:BEER

12. T-bone

T-bone Member

I just recived my COT Blue and I really like it. Takes a little time to dial in the guitar and amp to it but it's well worth the small amount of effort.

Me thinks
    A-As crazy as it sounds the COT may not fit everyones needs
    B- Lovepedals are hot right now along with the lower COT Blue price fuels the "flippers mindset"

Pedals are pretty pricey, at least the ones I dig(BJFe,Lovepedal....) so when I buy, I buy only if I think I can get most of my $$$ back if the pedal doesnt work out. I don't sell for profit just for what I paid or a little less.

13. jpagey

jpagey Member

Not today:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=33

14. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

i LOVE my COT red! bought it from the emporum for $150...best money i spent so far this year! its a "tweakers delight" kinda pedal for sure...love it...

15. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

God, I can't wait to get my hands on one of those.
    :AOK

16. wichita

wichita Supporting Member

I have 2 and one is on my board and on nearly all of the time.
    I use it all the way off but turned on all the time.
    They sound great!

Having said that, I am keeping my silver unpainted one that I have had for year and I am selling my chinese painted one with LED...
    Anybody need one, make me an offer.
    I have one, and one is plenty. They both sound great and everybody should have one of these.
    LK

17. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

May I ask what an acceptable offer would be, and is the chinese one with the LED (I assume the LED is red) considered a "red" model?
    Also, accepting any trades at the moment?
    Thanks and best regards,
    Mass

18. GAT

I was playing my Tyler into my Marshall 1959HW and 4x12 today. I started playing the COT 50 blue and thought the tone sounded very familiar. So I went to David Grissom's website and the COT made my rig sound just like the music that plays when you enter his website. A lot to like with that tone.:RoCkIn

19. stratofied

stratofied Member

I have owned both Red and Blue. The difference is very subtle. Great pedals.