• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Confirmed: EHX is making a V4 OP-Amp Big Muff Reissue with Billy Corgan

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
Am I the only one hoping it’s NOT a mini/nano version?

I hope Corgan’s being on the up and up about not wanting anything (not like he’s gonna make a fortune off of a pedal). An official op-amp Muff from EHX is gonna sell.

songtalk

on the up and up? ehx is exploiting him as a has been associated w their pedal a few decades ago when people bought his music. he deserves to be paid.

based on his devi ever experience this is probably going to end w a video of mike Mathews crying.

Hahahaha, probably. Corgan made some awesome music, but the dude seems to have a history of being a jerk and crazy.

on the up and up? ehx is exploiting him as a has been associated w their pedal a few decades ago when people bought his music. he deserves to be paid.

based on his devi ever experience this is probably going to end w a video of mike Mathews crying.
Based on the Devi experience, it's going to end with Mike Matthews punching Billy out. :D

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
I think he's a bit of a loon...
Every musician/actor/artist you've worshipped since puberty and tried to copy/emulate is a loon.
That's what it takes to succeed and survive in the entertainment biz.
I've worked with Corgan. He's the smartest guy in the room and he knows it.
He's brusk, he's funny, he doesn't suffer fools.
Same as Jimmy Page, Trent Reznor, Jimmy Iovine, Steve Vai, etc...and any other top artist.
He's not a "loon" though.

What's funny about threads like this is that people focus on the "personal" and not the "professional",
they are comfortable judging his life based on what little info they have.
Fine.
But that's your judgement of his personality and has nothing to do with the quality of his musicianship, production acumen or the EHX product.
It has to do with you personal interpretation of the way he's lead his life.
Who cares about that besides you?
Do we really need to know? Do you really need to share?
What good does it do anyone else but you?
Does it even do you any good?

I'd rather read your impression about his Reverend Sig model b/c that is something you do know about.

/rant

EricPeterson

He's not a "loon" though.

/rant
He has appeared on Alex Jone's show, talks about chemtrails, the guy is a loon.

He may well be a genius and I have no doubt is a smart and clearly driven dude, but loon is a also among his qualities.

It has to do with you personal interpretation of the way he's lead his life.
Who cares about that besides you?
Do we really need to know? Do you really need to share?
What good does it do anyone else but you?
Does it even do you any good?
It matters because he has a following and a pulpit to spread this nonsense.

It is of course unrelated to his value as a musician or gear collaborator.

Trending Topics