Congrats Ron Thorn - GP Editors' Pick

Shreve

Katzenjammer Kid
Double Platinum Member
Went to my Safeway about 3 times to find a copy. Worth it and well deserved. :aok

SeanMc

Uh.. If I had one before the article, does that mean I'm hipster now?

Oh yeah... Congrats, Ron.

dbeeman

Platinum Supporting Member
Small town Canadian Yeti moves to LA and becomes a star! ;)

Well deserved :dude

jamess

Gold Supporting Member
Right on, Ron! Very well deserved praise for you and the team. You really hit it out of the park with the Grantura.

beorn

Reminds me of the Probett Rocket in being an award blatantly deserved.

I also have to congratulate Mr. Thorn on offering my very favorite new variation on crown inlays.

It's harder than it seems to come up with something like that without triggering a kneejerk "it just looks wrong" reaction from the vintage fetish crowd, but that's exactly what he's done.

ib2010

Gold Supporting Member
Great to see such a fine statement of craftsmanship !! Congrats to those fortunate to be playing such a beautiful instrument.

whitepapagold

I was telling a friend about Thorn guitars- he had no idea and he's a music industry staple and guitarist. It's good to see Ron getting the credit he deserves!!!

hodad

If I'm not mistaken, that's two editor's picks in one year. Don't think I've seen that before.

Congrats Ron.

And thanks for the guitar.

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
I just got my magazine today too! I was getting impatient. Anyway, I am glad Dave Hunter did the review, and even more glad about the write-up itself. Congrats to the Yeti Cave

Last edited:

Ron Thorn

Platinum Supporting Member
Thank you!
We're extremely jazzed simply getting reviewed in GP, let alone Editor's Pick, it's a big deal for us.

As Navin R. Johnson says..."things are going to start happening to us now".

:)

Ron

Kid Tele

Uh.. If I had one before the article, does that mean I'm hipster now?
Why, yes it does! Time to grow a soul patch.

I bought realestate at the top of the bubble and Worldcom right before it went bust. Somehow I feel a little vindication with Grantura 14.

Trending Topics