• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Congratulations to EQD/Jamie/Julie, front page of the Wall Street Journal

Bill Lumberg

I Drink and I Know Things.
Gold Supporting Member
Cool company. They fixed a pedal for me for free that a) I bought used and b) I broke by plugging in the wrong power supply. They even shipped it back to me on their dime. When I offered to pay for it they said "no worries, enjoy". :aok
They did the same for me about 12-13 years ago. I bought an old Hoof(no serial number anywhere on it) and a Ghost Echo(no ser. num. either) at a local shop. I had seen them sitting for a long time on their counter being used essentially as paper weights. I finally asked if he wanted to sell them and got the reply "They don't work too good but if you want to fix 'em you can have them for $50." I bought them and took them home. The Hoof was dead, no signal. The Ghost Echo worked but faded in & out as you turned the Attack knob. I emailed EQD about the getting the Hoof fixed but mentioned that I had the GE but thought I could fix it myself. I got a response that they'd be happy to fix them both. I had never sent anything back to a builder & just overnighted both pedals to their mailing address on the website. I didn't know anything about RA numbers for pedals, I just figured if I sent it to them they would get it to the right person. Two weeks later I got a box from EQD with both pedals, playing good as new. Not only did they ship to me on their dime but they cleaned up the pedals inside and out as well as putting them in brand new EQD pedal boxes(they didn't have boxes/papers when I bought them). My total out of pocket was the initial shipping which was about $14 or so IIRC plus $50. I ended up with two excellent pedal that I used for years afterward. I been a raving fan since then.

TedJames

The only virus that EQD can credibly be held accountable for is GAS =).

The article reports that they had $5MM in sales last year and 50 employees. After salaries, marketing, raw materials, assembly, etc. no one should have the perception that they're making "too much money."

I am thrilled that they're doing well, however. I also hope that they make enough money that anti-capitalists get irked.

If EQD makes that kind of money then we're loving their pedals.

Good on them.
Ugh, that is depressing. I was hoping for a feel good story.

This is exactly why we should all be looking to support pedal makers and buy new and direct whenever we can.

brs928

Silver Supporting Member
Did the WSJ put out a call for the crustiest pedalboard in music??
Seriously, that board is nasty!

They did the same for me about 12-13 years ago. I bought an old Hoof(no serial number anywhere on it) and a Ghost Echo(no ser. num. either) at a local shop. I had seen them sitting for a long time on their counter being used essentially as paper weights. I finally asked if he wanted to sell them and got the reply "They don't work too good but if you want to fix 'em you can have them for $50." I bought them and took them home. The Hoof was dead, no signal. The Ghost Echo worked but faded in & out as you turned the Attack knob. I emailed EQD about the getting the Hoof fixed but mentioned that I had the GE but thought I could fix it myself. I got a response that they'd be happy to fix them both. I had never sent anything back to a builder & just overnighted both pedals to their mailing address on the website. I didn't know anything about RA numbers for pedals, I just figured if I sent it to them they would get it to the right person. Two weeks later I got a box from EQD with both pedals, playing good as new. Not only did they ship to me on their dime but they cleaned up the pedals inside and out as well as putting them in brand new EQD pedal boxes(they didn't have boxes/papers when I bought them). My total out of pocket was the initial shipping which was about $14 or so IIRC plus $50. I ended up with two excellent pedal that I used for years afterward. I been a raving fan since then.
It's great to hear of companies that still do customer service right.

The EQD Avalanche Run is one of my favorite pedals, and they will continue to get my business!

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
I love my Black Ash and my Cloven Hoof. Glad to hear that EQD stands behind their work. They make good stuff, so it's nice that they good peeps too.

Good on EQD. Love my Hoof, Tone Job, Tone Reaper, Cloven Hoof. Good stuff.

Good on EQD. Wonderful company.

LeBron and EarthQuaker are the only notable things to come out of Ohio lmao
Let it be known Dr. Z (Maple Heights) & Reeves Amps (Cincinnati) are both well-respected amp brands made in Ohio.

Rhinegeist Brewery out of Cinci is also fantastic brand.

Don Nut

$5 million with 50 employees? That's a horrible ratio!
Why would they even let those numbers out? The owners aren't making a DIME with a payroll like that unless the majority of the process is being done in Gina.

Trending Topics