connection issue: old subwoofer

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by soulohio, May 25, 2015.

1. soulohio

soulohio Member

I found a JBL E150P at the salvation army for a low price and figured I would give it a spin. Problem is how to hook it up to my computer. It has bare wire and a stereo RCA connectors.
    hookup is so:

USB out of computer > PreSonus Audiobox 1/4 inch plug out to XLR > big volume knob out to 1/4 plug out to > XLR in to LR305

I need to split this somewhere without balling up the signal... where should I do it and what could I use?
    I think maybe out of the volume knob...so I need a 1/4 inch plug on one end with an RCA out combo plug which terminates to the male XLR to the LSR? There are no outputs on the LSR305's

edit: I need a Y cable in there out to RCA... I am checking B&H... any idears lads?

edit #2: this looks to be a bit more difficult to source than I originally thought. I do have a headphone 1/4 stereo out of my Audiobox. I also have dual RCA inputs on the subwoofer. It might be better to do it like that...

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  2. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

that seems feasible, just scrounge up the 1/8" stereo mini-jack to dual RCA hosa adapter.

3. soulohio

soulohio Member

I got the plug ordered on amazon. thanks mate.