Conned by Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teekon

Last month, I tried to buy a $7000 Dave Johnson replica from TGP's emporium for $5,000 +OTPG pickups from TGP forum member Roxie Amoroso, who is wife and co-owner of Jesse Amoroso of Cowtown Guitars.

I trusted her so I wire transferred the money and shipped pickups.

When she showed the pictures of guitar and COA, I noticed D.Johnson's signature isn't what I know. So I sent an email to Mark of Mark Guitars Loft to ask if Dave Johnson's signature on the COA is real thing and it turned out the guitar and COA are fake. And of course Cowtown Guitars told me it is authentic.

I thought I was scammed. So I went to the bank on Monday and asked if they could return my money back, telling them I was scammed.

And shortly after, my Bank got a reply from the her's bank which was saying that the bank could not return the money because she had no money in her account and that the case was closed.

So, I sent the email to Roxie Amoroso and their answer is that because I asked bank to return my money, her bank froze her account, therefore she can't send my money back. However, my bank told me that is not the case. So, I asked her for evidence that the bank froze her account but she hasn't given me any answer since then and now selling my pickups on Reverb.com.

I had no reply since. she didn't even ship that fake guitar, let alone sending my money and OTPG pickups back.

I am writing to prevent forum members from buying this stolen property since I am going to sue her.

https://reverb.com/item/27950777-over-the-pond-guy-otpg-paf-humbuckers-2009-zebra-nickle

Teekon

I’m confused...

You wired $5,000 and then afterwards did your due diligence based on pictures alone? Did you ever get the actual guitar?

This post may be considered rhetorical. Good luck.
I don't have a guitar at the moment because she canceled the delivery of the guitar.

Last edited:
A lot to unpack here...not supposed to post about replica guitars (I thought)...wiring $5k to strangers (stranger danger)...all jokes aside though,

I feel for you bud, but you should have done some of that due diligence work before wiring $5k. I hate to see that you're going through this, I hope you can get some resolution and end up with a nice guitar on the other side of this situation!

Guitarworks

The length people will go to turn the clock back to 1959.:rolleyes2: I don't even know who 'Dave Johnson' is. I had to google it to get a better understanding. I still don't comprehend the COA violation, but I found this example to put it into perspective (these things apparently get REALLY talked up. What a sales pitch; you'd think you're getting a real '59):
http://breazeguitars.com/guitars/dave-johnson-1959-lp-burst-style-guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics