Consider the Source

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by G Man, Feb 19, 2015.

1. G Man

G Man Member

I just got turned on to these guys from the latest issue of PG of all places, maybe I should renew my subscription. Anyway, some pretty sick playing, fusion based with lots of world influences. Checked their web site to find they are coming to my town in a couple of months, psych.

2. Ivo

Ivo Member

Damn! That bassist was killing it. These guys would be fun to see for sure. Very tight sound. Have fun at the concert. :aok Actually, this Consider the Source song has a similar feel to "Lycanthrope" by Thinking Plague. You might dig em. :D

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1542640

3. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

saw them open for Freak Kitchen (favorite band ever) a couple years back and I was blown away by these guys. It was a real treat to see them live. They absolutely bring it when the play. I actually stood with the guitarist for a few songs during the headliner act. He was a very cool dude and very gracious to all the people coming up to him to complimenting his playing.

4. aknow

aknow Member

Real nice rhythm section

5. cram

cram Member

never heard them before - thanks for putting it up.

6. macula56

macula56 Member

that was very cool stuff.

7. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

When I first subscribed to PG, I discovered at least one new artist from each issue. These days, it is few and far between.
    All the material is available free online and the social media just reposts old articles I already have in print.
    Biggest disappointment was the loss of the "what are you currently listening to" question from the Staff Picks page.

8. ChrisVereb

ChrisVereb Member

Good stuff. The melodies of a few sections remind me of some of my favorites from the NES Mega Man series...which is awesome in my book.

9. NicDo

NicDo Member

Thanks- haven't heard them before.