Considering a Reverend Pete Anderson PA1

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jklotz, Feb 15, 2012.

1. thebard42

thebard42 Supporting Member

I don’t have any experience with Gretsch, but my orange PA-1 RT does everything I want for a hollow body. I’ve used it for country, P&W, 90’s rock. I dig it, it has a cool, open sound. I bought it used for 40% retail, so that helps the decision. I like the satin, it has a cool vibe.

2. MartinC

MartinC Member

How is the tuning stability?

3. thebard42

Pretty good with new strings, it gets iffy as they age.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  4. MartinC

MartinC Member

Thanks for getting back to me ... just to be clear, are you saying that the actual tuning stability (the need to keep re-tuning after playing for some time) gets iffy with older strings, or that the intonation gets iffy (meaning the ability to get the guitar to sound "in tune" all over the neck gets iffy)

5. MartinC

MartinC Member

One more question I have regarding the PA-1 for any owners.

Can anyone confirm that the pickups are height adjustable?

In the images on the reverend website, you can clearly see that there is a single screw at each end of the P90 ... right in the middle of the dog-ear. My guess and hope is that that's there to allow height adjustment of the pickup. But, I have zero experience with hollow body guitars with pickups, and I can't try before buying. I also know that this guitar has a unique bracing mechanism that might play a part in pickup mounting.

Wish Reverend could find a dealer in Sydney to work with! Would be happy as Larry if that was Big Music ... my current favourite music shop ... in case anyone from Reverend reads this :D

6. thebard42

I just meant the strings. Stability is good for a month or so with regular D’addarios. Actually the openness and clarity of the guitar bring out a lot in the different types of strings and the age of strings more than any solid body guitar I have ever played.

MartinC likes this.
  7. cap'n rory

cap'n rory Member

There is no height adjustment on P90 equipped ones. Spacers underneath the PU's are used by some.
    The PA-1 has stayed in my fleet, pretty damn good guitar IMHO

MartinC likes this.