Considering an M9...

treeuh

Alright.. I'm considering something somewhat drastic, and I thought I'd get TGP advice.

Right now I'm running a TF and Space that, when I have the time to set it up, will have them controlled them by MIDI... that said, I'm considering getting an M9, put it in latch mode and run it with similar effects as my TF and Space... would this be wise or do you think I'll be horribly disappointed?

fallout-labs

Alright.. I'm considering something somewhat drastic, and I thought I'd get TGP advice.

Right now I'm running a TF and Space that, when I have the time to set it up, will have them controlled them by MIDI... that said, I'm considering getting an M9, put it in latch mode and run it with similar effects as my TF and Space... would this be wise or do you think I'll be horribly disappointed?

m9 is great for -10db stuff. midi doesn't pass thru it, so it needs to be the last device in the midi chain.

treeuh

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'd be switching from the TF/Space to the M9 instead...

Are you saying that the M9 is good for bedroom, but live it struggles?

ljholland

Gold Supporting Member
While I'm selling mine in the emporium (but only because I've blown my budget on Strymon gear), it's exactly great for that use. I had mine set up as 6 scenes that covered most uses (delays, slapback, trem, chorus). I did use external dirt pedals as I tend to like those better. For delays/modulations, the M9 is excellent.

If you do get one, get at least one expression pedal. (consider this non-optional). Then, set up your scenes so that one pedal controls the first column effect...and if possible get a second pedal for controlling the second column effect. Leave the last column reserved for reverb or something else unusal (like the particle verb).

Anyway, MIDI isn't really needed if you set up the scenes thoughtfully and use expression pedals to adjust the depths/mixes live.

atson67

Don't know on which level you are gonna use it for, but it'll be a step down quality wise compared to what you already have.
Your delay and reverb is already covered, why not get some quality modulation ?

JacksonCarter

i would NOT replace any delay but a dl4 with an m9. if youre happy with a dl4, youll be happy with the m9, but i own two m9s and on each board there is a dedicated delay pedal like a dd20 or a timefactor. m9 are great filler swiss army knife pedals for verb and modulation, but fall short on drives and delays, imho. delays are useable for sure, but not top notch.

Trending Topics