• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Considering custom thinline Tele - Rice ?

mschet

Hi,
I was checking out custom builders for a thinline tele - looked at Rice Custom guitars. I have checked them out on Youtube and the like but does any one have real life experience with their guitars?
How is the workmanship? Sound and playability etc.

Thanks

leftyaxeslinger

Silver Supporting Member
First off - I don't have a ton of experience with boutique builders. I've owned Gibsons, Fenders, Guilds, Ibanez...I've said this a number of times - My Rice is the best sounding guitar I own. I'm considering selling a couple of Fenders to have them build me my dream S-style guitar.

ryhlick

I recently received #82 a Rice Tele from a forum member, and I have to say it is amazing. The detail and quality is second to none. It has the sweetest C style neck and a beautiful finish. I was very sceptical and now I am blown away by this guitar. I would recommend Rice to anyone in a heart beat.
Hi,
I was checking out custom builders for a thinline tele - looked at Rice Custom guitars. I have checked them out on Youtube and the like but does any one have real life experience with their guitars?
How is the workmanship? Sound and playability etc.

Thanks

JoseyWales

I currently own 6 of them with another on the way. 3 Teles, 2 Strats, a Tulip & an Osprey. You can't beat 'em! Purchase a Rice & you'll be glad you did!

bluej

Th Rices, father and son, do an excellent job.

Tommy at USACG helped me pick the right neck for the body I wanted.

The Rices provided guidance on the pickups and hardware, then produced the guitar I use daily: perfectly balanced and intonated.

Workmanship: solid and beautiful.

They're competent and passionate about what they do.

I recommend them highly.

jc

adjeff2706

Platinum Supporting Member
I don't have a Rice Tele, but I do have their S-type (RCG #024). Amazing guitar - fit, finish, sound - everything! I plan on picking up one of their T's in the future. Chris and Rich are great guys to deal with. Customer service is first rate. Highly recommended!

Rich Rice

Thanks for the compliments, everybody. We love playing and building. That's all we do, and all we were meant to do. Seeing appreciation and support is very much appreciated.

By the way, adjeff- you should give me a call. ;)

johnnyqb

Silver Supporting Member
Definitely get a Rice. You are putting yourself in the hands of master craftsmen, who will love the guitar they build as much as you do. I have owned several of them and loved them all. (p.s. if anyone has one they are thinking of selling, I am always looking for a fair deal!)

mschet

I've decided to go with Rice :) now its just ironing out some details and hopefully in a few months she'll be here!! Thanks all for your input.

elguicho

I already have a Rice tele and after selling one of my amps I'm seriously thinking about getting another one, specially now that the are doing set-neck models.

Chris Rice

I already have a Rice tele and after selling one of my amps I'm seriously thinking about getting another one, specially now that the are doing set-neck models.
We're getting pretty close to finish on Christina's set-neck. There's a possibility it will be playable before Christmas, and I'm sure she'll let you play it if you ask nicely. :D

Blue Light

We're waiting for el tone reporto.

Someone posted a pic here of a Grosh Hollow T a while back that was just gorgeous.

Trending Topics