Consistency of Hamers?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by heady dude, Apr 2, 2008.

1. heady dude

heady dude Member

Are certain years of Hamers known to be better than others? Is the quality they are putting out today still the same as it was in previous years. Ive been thinking about getting a used Newport Pro and was wondering.
    Thanks

2. rivaeast

rivaeast Member

Every one i have picked up or owned (Been several) have been very consistent overall...mostly been studios or artists. I've had my eye on a Newport myself.... good luck!

3. Mike_C

Mike_C Member

I've played Hamers from all eras and the ones that they have been making now and probably the last ten years or so have been incredible. very consistent and beautiful instruments. I have a Newport with phatcats and the bigsby and I love it. good luck.

4. XKnight

XKnight Member

I use to own a Artist Korina and have played quite a few USA Hamers in various shops. I concur with the above posts that Hamer quality is very consistent and extremely good. I have never played a bad Hamer.

5. 6120

6120 Member

Very consistent quality from my perspective. I have seen hundreds over the years and have never seen shoddy workmanship on the American made guitars.

6. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

Started buying Hamer in the mid 90's. Great guitars. Bought 2 '07 Standards fresh from the shop in the last couple months and to compare I'd say Hamer is building the best stuff of all time these days.

7. heady dude

heady dude Member

Well thats good to hear. Next question, anybody got a Newport Pro they are thinking of parting with:D